• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

GA WANTED: 68 Bronco Drum Brake Proportioning Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

68bronco1x

Need a good used original drum brake proportioning valve for 68 Bronco.
Ford part C8TZ-2B257-N stamped valve body.

Last edited:

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
How are you defining proportioning valve? A '68 Bronco only came with drum brakes, so there was no proportioning valve.

Are you looking for the brake imbalance light switch? Also known as an H-block.

OP
OP

68bronco1x

Maybe I am calling it the wrong thing. The Ford parts manual calls it the Brake Pressure Differential Valve. It works the brake warning light switch. Mounts on the drivers side frame just under upper front brake bracket. It is probably what is called the H block as it sort of looks like an H.

Last edited:

TheBroncoRanch

Bronco Guru
I have a few of themhere PM me

image_zpsx695athg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP

68bronco1x

The valve I have was stuck and would not allow the warning brake indicator to work. Last nite I took it apart and got it to work. I am going to try it out for a while and see what happens. I will get back with you if it doesn't work.
Thanks again

TheBroncoRanch

Bronco Guru
The valve I have was stuck and would not allow the warning brake indicator to work. Last nite I took it apart and got it to work. I am going to try it out for a while and see what happens. I will get back with you if it doesn't work.
Thanks again

Cool, hope it works out. Fixing it is always better than buying it 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.