• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Visit to Highline Classics

1buckeyefan1

The frames being used are originals…they match the VIN and title. Some bodies are aftermarket, but not chassis. If anyone saw the bringatrailer auction that ended within the last couple days, you’ll see that it seems aftermarket chassis Broncos are not nearly as desired.

Now that makes sense in my mind..original VIN/Title makes it 'original enough' and not a kit, regardless if the sheet metal on top is new or old.

RE: BAT. $165k for a boxwood still seems pretty desirable..even though it didn't make reserve. Seems like most of the Coyote 'Guys' seem to be using Kincer, etc frames and not modifying the originals due to the width? But they still seem to be fetching $150-200k. Crazy!

hsach

Contributor
Members Only
I've been wondering as well, and the best explanation coming from Gateway with their ads looking to purchase frames w/ titles and VINs. The only other thing I can think of is someone out there specializes in bonded titles that has sat on them long enough to convert them over to legit titles (certain states apply). Anyone else have a good guess?
Hey Brody, just checking to see if you have the same info I do on Nevada frames/titles. I was toying with the idea of buying new frame instead of dealing with stripping/painting it. I emailed the Nevada DMV and they told me:

'If I have a new or aftermarket frame, it will be classified on the title as an Assembled Vehicle and the current year it is registered and titled, will be the model year of the vehicle.'

No way I would do that with my '67. I would have to title it as a 2022+ vehicle and lose the pre 1968 smog exemption I get now. If this is true for Nevada, you better check your state's DMV to make sure an aftermarket frame won't cause title issues. Don't take someone's word for it, laws change quickly now when it deals with environmental stuff.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Now that makes sense in my mind..original VIN/Title makes it 'original enough' and not a kit, regardless if the sheet metal on top is new or old.

RE: BAT. $165k for a boxwood still seems pretty desirable..even though it didn't make reserve. Seems like most of the Coyote 'Guys' seem to be using Kincer, etc frames and not modifying the originals due to the width? But they still seem to be fetching $150-200k. Crazy!
The kincer package is extremely expensive.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I had my first Bronco built by Highline Classics back in 2019. After selling it last year, I searched for a Bronco replacement only to come back to wanting another. I ordered a new build from Highline Classics that will be done later this year.

When selling my Bronco I made a friend with someone that came to see it in person. They were really coming to see the quality of Highline’s work and they ultimately ordered one from Highline as well.

His Bronco is just about done, so he made plans to visit the shop. I happened to be traveling yesterday already, so met him to tour the Highline Classics shop.

Josh (the owner) is who you would want building anything you buy. Any minor issues I had on my first one were handled quickly and perfectly. Seeing the shop and where the magic happens just made me that much more excited and anxious for mine to start being built.

Some of the upgrades from my last build include custom axles, digital gauges, automatic windows, Gen 3 Coyote motor, etc.

Some pictures from yesterday:

Will post more pics from my computer later as it’s easier.

TI3DfW8.jpg

h4kgNi9.jpg

CLd2Tzb.jpg

sqtb2V2.jpg

Cy2kvZv.jpg

7ScwSyB.jpg
Looks like they had to modify the original hood brace to clear the engine

OP
OP
R

Ro_Ja Boy

Hey Brody, just checking to see if you have the same info I do on Nevada frames/titles. I was toying with the idea of buying new frame instead of dealing with stripping/painting it. I emailed the Nevada DMV and they told me:

'If I have a new or aftermarket frame, it will be classified on the title as an Assembled Vehicle and the current year it is registered and titled, will be the model year of the vehicle.'

No way I would do that with my '67. I would have to title it as a 2022+ vehicle and lose the pre 1968 smog exemption I get now. If this is true for Nevada, you better check your state's DMV to make sure an aftermarket frame won't cause title issues. Don't take someone's word for it, laws change quickly now when it deals with environmental stuff.
I'm in NV too and the only way I can imagine getting around this (based on going through the VIN inspection with my last Highline built Bronco) would be to register the car with the original chassis, then throw away that chassis and use a Kincer. You don't go back for another VIN inspection, so would be the wiser. Would hurt resale since some states it wouldn't be able to be registered just using the title.

I like the combination of the original frame and upgrades. Body lift is required with Coyote and original frame, but not the end of the world.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm in NV too and the only way I can imagine getting around this (based on going through the VIN inspection with my last Highline built Bronco) would be to register the car with the original chassis, then throw away that chassis and use a Kincer. You don't go back for another VIN inspection, so would be the wiser. Would hurt resale since some states it wouldn't be able to be registered just using the title.

I like the combination of the original frame and upgrades. Body lift is required with Coyote and original frame, but not the end of the world.
Their gap is just too much. I personally can't stand a 1". But 2" makes me want to vomit:)

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The gap hadn’t been addressed on the grey one. It’s on the checklist to get done.
They just need to buy my bumperlift:) Honestly at that high end of a bronco, I would want the frame changed to compensate for the body lift.