• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

vin number ?,1/2 cab ?

76rustomatic

Loc.
Reno
I was looking at a 66 yesterday that was for sell. Its about an hour from my house. Noticed the vin# is U15 but it has a bulk head like a half cab and in the bed there is no holes for a rear seat. Its a real good price for around hear and in pretty good shape to.My question is if the vin# is wrong is it that big of a deal? does it affect vallue? How much troubel is it to change the title if the vin on the frame is correct. The vin# is a new tag from the DMV on the strike plate.

jims66

If the optional rear seat was not ordered on the 66 it came with a bulkhead.

OP
OP
76rustomatic

76rustomatic

Loc.
Reno
Thanks jims66.What would a 66 be worth? Floor pans are shot ,rockers ok and a bit of rust on tail gate and bed where they meet.
PO upgrades,role cage,cheap radio,wheels&tires,Hurst floor shifter,paint job.Starts and drives well for a 66.He is asking $4k Know he well take less.

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
Doesnt sound like a bad deal. It wouldnt hurt if you could get it a little cheaper considering some of the work that will need to be done

baby_blue

Loc.
Laramie, WY
289 or 170? Seems high to me. You can get those for $2500-$3000. How are the inner fenders and door posts? If they need replaced $4k is way too high, in Wyoming that is.

Jerry

OP
OP
76rustomatic

76rustomatic

Loc.
Reno
Thanks all. The inner fenders and door post look good. 170cid. think he will take 3k. but if i get this one i have to use the cash ive saved for the 76's front end.Hummm???