• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Village Green 74 build

wtbearly

Loc.
Cartersvills
I purchased my 74 about 2 years ago and have not done much until this summer. The background on the Bronco is that I spotted it in a barn near my hunting property in South Georgia. I convinced the owner, for the last 25 years, to sell it to me. He said that it was running rough and had parked it a year prior. After getting it home I simply adjusted the carburetor and cleaned the fuel filter and it ran perfect. IT had 99450 miles on it and had been re-painted dark green and white during the mid 80's. It was virtually rust-free all but the passenger door. The passenger fender had a small dent. The original color of the bronco was code #3 (Village Green) which is fairly rare. After much consternation I decided to go back original. So for the past 2 years I have been stock piling parts, buying OEM for everything possible. My goal is to be completely bondo free and Ford original as much as possible. I replaced the door and fender first. Then I converted the front to disk brakes. For the last month I have rebuilt the engine and striped the bronco to its bones. My goal is to have this thing ready for paint by October if the checking account can handle it.

Attachments

• pasenger.jpeg
    pasenger.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 27.JPG
    27.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 96
  • 67gfh.jpeg
    67gfh.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 88
  • topoff.jpeg
    topoff.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 87
  • rear.jpeg
    rear.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 45678.JPG
    45678.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 95
  • ds.jpeg
    ds.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 103
  • i85oyugj.JPG
    i85oyugj.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 75.JPG
    75.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 87734etyh.JPG
    87734etyh.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 43252.JPG
    43252.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 90o.JPG
    90o.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 105

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Looks like you found a good one to save. Best of luck with your restore and keep us updated.:cool:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Yea man you got it rockin there for sure...Keep us posted.

OP
OP
W

wtbearly

Loc.
Cartersvills
Motor is back

Just got the engine back from the machine shop, added a small cam and reworked everything.

Attachments

• 1mxx3.JPG
    1mxx3.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 73

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Heck yeah.. Gonna enjoy this build I'm thinking.. :)

Good luck and post all them pics.

OP
OP
W

wtbearly

Loc.
Cartersvills
We have separation.

Just got the body off the frame. The bottom of the tub is in great condition Zero rust, hopefully this will speed things up.

Attachments

• asdgfd.JPG
    asdgfd.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 55
  • afd.JPG
    afd.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 567.JPG
    567.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 57
OP
OP
W

wtbearly

Loc.
Cartersvills
frame is going back together

All new bushings, waiting on new tie rods, hope to get the motor on the frame tonight

OP
OP
W

wtbearly

Loc.
Cartersvills
pictures

Ford had done a really messy welding job spent 2 days smothing burrs

Attachments

• jghh.jpg
    jghh.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 58
  • ewwewee.jpg
    ewwewee.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 62

jon-r227

Looks like you're coming along nicely. Wish my body looked like that! Mine is full of rust. Just started cutting off the quarters, that's gonna be a major PIA so I quit for the night to check out other people's rigs.

blamejane

Bronco Guru
I guess you're not wasting any more time huh? What a great barn find, though it did take some time to actually acquire it. :p

OP
OP
W

wtbearly

Loc.
Cartersvills
Great deal

When I bought the bronco I asked the owner what would be the least he could take. He said would $2,500 be to much. I almost felt bad, he lives in a really rural area and was not a Bronco guy so he looked at it as an old truck that needed some work. Thank goodness everybody doesn't have that new-fangled Internet.

OP
OP
W

wtbearly

Loc.
Cartersvills
Found a great set of COOP tires

I wanted the vintage mudder look. I found these at a small tire shop near home. I don't believe COOP's are manufactured anymore? I hope they aren't to big for the uncut fenders.

Attachments

• hhrr.JPG
    hhrr.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 57
  • jkkj.JPG
    jkkj.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 39

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
I wanted the vintage mudder look. I found these at a small tire shop near home. I don't believe COOP's are manufactured anymore? I hope they aren't to big for the uncut fenders.

First off congrats! Looks like a great build! Secondly, where did you find those tires? I'd like to buy a set. Thanks!

OP
OP
W

wtbearly

Loc.
Cartersvills
I was sitting at a red light and noticed them at a small used tire store. I had been looking for something similar and had even tried finding the CO OP brand but I was told that they were no longer made. The guy that owned the tire store had bought them from a defunct farm supply store. I ended up getting 4 for $250.

OP
OP
W

wtbearly

Loc.
Cartersvills
Motor & frame reunite atlast

Got new fuel lines and shocks so we put the motor on today

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 42