• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vacuum boost changes

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Not sure if I’m gonna have to do some fab work or if there’s a part that will bolt to the stud on the new vac booster. Pics show old and new can bolted to the existing bracket. Finally got the bracket off the firewall that clean and repaint and noticed the difference between old and new.
Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed.

Randy

Pic with single threaded rod shows new WH booster
Other pic is original vac booster.

Attachments

• IMG_2486.jpeg
    IMG_2486.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2484.jpeg
    IMG_2484.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 34

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Seems to me it should’ve come with the new booster.
Or perhaps we only sell them with the bracket kit itself, where the booster is just expected to have a threaded rod.
You might call in and check. If it’s with the bracket kit, it’s doubtful that we officially have them for sale separately. But someone might be able to go “find one“ in the back if that’s possible.

I thought there used to be a note on the website that the booster wasn’t intended for use with the factory bracket. Perhaps that was the reason…
Maybe that’s not the case anymore.

OP
OP
Speedrdr

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Seems to me it should’ve come with the new booster.
Or perhaps we only sell them with the bracket kit itself, where the booster is just expected to have a threaded rod.
You might call in and check. If it’s with the bracket kit, it’s doubtful that we officially have them for sale separately. But someone might be able to go “find one“ in the back if that’s possible.

I thought there used to be a note on the website that the booster wasn’t intended for use with the factory bracket. Perhaps that was the reason…
Maybe that’s not the case anymore.
I called in yesterday and was told that, as you said, it’s part of the booster bracket kit and not a separate item. It’s not that big of a deal, I can just make one.

Randy

OP
OP
Speedrdr

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
I thought there used to be a note on the website that the booster wasn’t intended for use with the factory bracket. Perhaps that was the reason.

May have that note about not intended…factory bracket and I just didn’t see it.

Randy

OP
OP
Speedrdr

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
UPDATE ON VACUUM CLEVIS:
After searching through ALL the boxes, I had resigned my fate to fabricate the clevis. Went into shop looking for windmill parts and found a brand new, still in the tiny ziplock bay the clevis and pin. Thank you, Wild Horses!!!! I’m guessing that the part IS included when you buy just a vacuum booster. Anyway, I’m just stoked that I don’t have to fabricate a part.

Randy