• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

used car prices

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
I seen the latest (for my state) traced 16 sold this yr. 64K - 79k$. Average nation wide is that top figure.
What would I need for that range? I see right off (sompin I could not do till sales time) it would have to be painted. I guess that’s 2, 3K$ right there?
I hate shinny.

Got the d44, a new 250/4.1 i6, an old NV3550, 1 in BL/2.5 SL, P. Steering, disc all arounf, f150 shocks buckets/Bilstien, softer 11 pac in rear w/lift in it, CB, oe redone buckets, rear, and a frnt bench, 3 tops (wagon, 1/2 cab, rag), D20, PTO all the way upto frnt bumper, elc winch, 2 batteries, inside 1/2 cab frame tied cage... enormous quantities (under cover) of spares (42 yrs collection). I wouldnt list every part on the thing...

I know this is gone over but I seek up date as its old info, no? I saw them peak out winter of covid (2020) from 1st to 23rd that spring. At the above quoted average it seems they leveled off and hod steady...

bfoldy

Contributor
Loc.
Torrance, CA
It looks like you're asking what changes you need for your Bronco to sell it for between $64K and $79K. I've noticed your posts on BaT over the years, so you know that prices for these cars (and most everything else) aren't as nearly as high as they were 1-2 years ago.

Just a heads-up and some honest feedback: getting your Bronco painted with a quality job will cost more than the $2K-$3K you're thinking of. Also, your Bronco's i6 engine swap is good, but people pay more for Broncos with V8 engines. So, if you're hoping for a higher price, this is something to think about. Based on what you've shared, your Bronco might be worth close to $40K in today's market. From there, it's worth weighing the effort and money are you willing to put in against the potential return on that investment.

OP
OP
chrlsful

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
thnx. That’s helpful.
I want what I can get but dont wish to change much. I’m ‘pretty done’ w/that by now (71 yrs old & soon to loose the garage, made this one out of 4 in the early ‘80s).

“... a quality job will cost more than the $2K-$3K you're thinking..."
guys round here can shoot paint (cheep). It’s an ~ 700,000 SMSA here (springfield, MA) so wonder what’s realistic. Out here in boonies
my figure works for a bit of prep, paper’n 2, 3 coats. I’d want 2 stage w/black panels the way the same or nxt gen F serries had (shoulder to rocker & back panel only***). I’ve done the frnt w/a chromed grill/hdlghts, rest black & body color (I picked a drk green) for the edges (in prep for side/top/back spray work). I adapted to early sig lghts & alloy grill surround, H4 hdlghts, etc.

We mights well say “LA” for U (so very different). Sure that 40K’s not just for ur locale???... or U must B sayin “Sell it nationally”. Mmmm, yup (ie "net”). I could go auction too as there’s absolutely NO rush. Hmmm. 4got bout all that...
Thnx again (I hate BaT), cept for pic. Petrolicious is fine tho, BF, individual model sites (I havea fox wagon)~

*** https://www.sportscarmarket.com/profile/1978-ford-f-150-ranger-pickup

Last edited:
OP
OP
chrlsful

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
Zero me in ona national (not my locale) range for paint cost if the rest of the rig is in what U call the 40K$ range?
What IS realistic? Twice the 2, 3K$? Just paint here, on this rig.

10? 20% of that price (again, I’d go one or 2 stage paint w/that flat blk panel on 3 sides)?? C link w/white & red end of post 3 as example of my shinny forest grn/flat blk (no body wrk beyond sanding dwn to get to oem primer). Now U C 1/2 of Y I said “I hate shinny” (cost). Some of other 1/2 is - no need to show off/attract attention, the daily grind (it inc.s off rd/4WD) really treats ‘finishes’ poorly.

Dude 713

I have about $17,500 in my paint and body work on a brand new body. Search Broncovid 19/20 there are pictures there.

OP
OP
chrlsful

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
that would B almost 1/2 the end price.
The work would B similar in that no patchin/weld/etc needed but mine is not all in panels & needs
prep down to oem prime (I assume). Thnx, not 2 apples I’d think.

The reason I said 2 stage is ease to buff up a shine again
and prime will make it a lill clearer on finish color’n stronger protector on trails. We’re pretty narrow back east &
up north.