• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

turn signal switch binding?

papy

Contributor
finally got around to installing my new turn signal switch that i bought from TBP last fall. The install was flawless however when i screwed in the turn signal handle i couldn't get the turn signal handle to go up or down - did not want to move. I backed out the handle and was able to to so. There is a sweet spot that i can get them to work but the handle is super loose (kind of just dangling) on the female threaded portion of the turn signal switch. I put my flash light on it and screwed it in and i can see when the handle is properly threaded down the plastic body/cam pushes forward ever so slightly causing the bind.

am i missing something here? perhaps a small piece of the internals that i didn't see when i took it apart that maybe fell down the tube? anyone else experience this - perhaps its a manufacturing issue?

JP

Last edited:

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
I had the same issue when I replaced the switch.
You need to trim the end of arm, so it does not protrude thru switch.

New switch.................................................................Old switch
FIG 8.jpg

joeray

Contributor
Just an old guy driving an EB for 35 yrs
I wonder if this is causing some of my similar problems. Thanks for the tip! I'll have to check this.

Quote: "A work in progress...50 years & counting...Cheaper than therapy."
Love it! You gotta love these old trucks to take the abuse.