• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

tube bending sofware - who's got it :)

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
I can't say I blame anyone here. I'm not sure what that program would cost-my guess above $200. We all have to hurt some to get what we really want. If you can save for the bender...whats a couple more weeks for the software? I want a bender, software,and free DOM(really... ;D free;D )...but I will have to wait a while before all that happens:cry: Maybe you could find some lesser cost software, that's not the bomb-diggity.Good luck,Chuck

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Even the "Budget" bender ends up costing an arm and a leg after adding dies, ram, and air over hydro unit. The software for less than $100 is well worth to me!

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
that software is $100 or less???? That's not bad at all then.Thanks Robert,Chuck

OP
OP
jesus888

jesus888

Loc.
Atlanta, GA
Actually the Bend Tech Pro software... with the 3d capabilities is closer to $285 from what I have seen... if someone knows where I can get it cheaper, please share!!

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Actually the Bend Tech Pro software... with the 3d capabilities is closer to $285 from what I have seen... if someone knows where I can get it cheaper, please share!!

I was referring to the Bend Tech EZ for $70.

Sounds like you're going to have to buy it like the rest of us.

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
I have been looking at cages, both new and used, and I am now looking at a Bronco to buy that may be difficult to fit a cage into without some finagling (hopefully more on that later...). I am considering just buying a bender and making one, I mean... I'm sure I can find more than one application for it, right?!

Anyway, while we're talking about it, those who use the software and those who do it the old fashioned way: what are the pros and cons of each? What do you prefer? What would you recommend to a beginner?

My first instinct would be to do it all by hand. I am good with math and geometry, I guess that may be why.

Just curious, sorry if this is a hijack, but I guess it may add to the discussion.

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
I have been looking at cages, both new and used, and I am now looking at a Bronco to buy that may be difficult to fit a cage into without some finagling (hopefully more on that later...). I am considering just buying a bender and making one, I mean... I'm sure I can find more than one application for it, right?!

Anyway, while we're talking about it, those who use the software and those who do it the old fashioned way: what are the pros and cons of each? What do you prefer? What would you recommend to a beginner?

My first instinct would be to do it all by hand. I am good with math and geometry, I guess that may be why.

Just curious, sorry if this is a hijack, but I guess it may add to the discussion.
Programs are for people who don't know how to bend tubing.
Use the skills your teachers tought you that you thought you'd never use. You will waste some material, but that can be used for little pieces and gussets and what not.

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I don't know if they still do it or not , but when I bought my bender they gave me a sample copy of the software ... you can only use it a few times and then it's done . If I can find it , you can have it ... I prefer the hands on aproach and I don't have any problems converting a 3 dimensional picture of a cage to a one dimensional drawing .

I'm off to compete in the Top Shop this weekend so don't run to your mailbox just yet ;D I will look for it next week and get your addy ;)

howiebilt