• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Transmission

1968U15

Loc.
Nashville
After 7 months of down time, my '68 is finally running again. It sounds great anyway. I have a manual 3 spd, and I started noticing it getting hard to shift into 3rd. Now second gear is the only gear it will go into. Is this the transmission, synchros, or something? It doesn't feel like the clutch, it seems to work fine for second gear, and it never slipped before this.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
Mine wasn't shifting that great. I put a overhaul kit in it and it shifts like new. I think they are about $100. The O-rings that seal the shift levers do not come with the kit, so you will have to find them at a parts house.

Sweathog

Loc.
Lansing
Easy first so maybe... the nuts on the threaded rod beteween the fork and the clutch moved shortening the distance on the clutch movement allowing first and second but not third gear? I hope its easier than pulling the 3-speed.
I've had threadlocker vibrate loose and I think mine is actually held in place the last 2 years with a trail-fix of electrical tape. This might the reminder I need to fix it.