• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Those on 4 wheel big discs, vacuum booster and MC recommendations?

Fur_Pig

I'm building my bronco still but running 4 wheel discs on 8 lug axles. I'll be taxing my power steering volume already with hydro assist so hydro boost is not in the cards right now. I am doing a explorer 5.0 so vacuum is available for days haha
What booster and m/c are folks running they're happy with on big 4 wheel disc setups?

Wrightracing

I know you said hydraboost is out,, but I am running 4 wheel disk brakes, ram assisted steering and a 2010 Ford superduty hydraboost on my 86 Bronco. Best Brakes my Bronco has had in the 30 years I have had it on 35inch tires. I'm still running 15 inch rims, so until I can get 17inch rims, I can't go to 14 inch rotors. I will probably need to if I go to 37inch tires.

David

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Hydroboost uses very little hydraulic volume. its just a very small pressure accumulator..

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
I run a hydroboost on my rock crawler with hydro-assist (1.75" ram) and no noticeable issue with volume. Run the HB and be done with it.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As stated above, HB is not a volume intensive accessory...it maybe uses 30-45 milliliters (2-3 tablespoons) worth of fluid per brake application depending on the power piston size inside the unit. Otherwise, if you want to run vacuum assist power brakes, you can certainly do so, but you'll need to be specific as to which brake calipers you're running in terms of piston area in order to properly calculate what might work best.

papy

Contributor
HB all the way! I run a 2001 SD HB on my 67 and i'll be honest this is the only truck i've owned pre mid 80's that actually stops lol

plenty to choose from at your local junk yard - easy install with a little research on this forum you'll be happy you did it.

good luck and let us know what you think of the HB if you choose to go with this upgrade.

OP
OP
F

Fur_Pig

You guys suck, now I'm looking at HB again LOL. Thanks all for the input.

ratbilt

Contributor
I put vacuum on mine when building with 13" wilwoods (it wouldn't fucking stop) switched to wild horses hydro (it'll put you through the windshield)