• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

test fit the EGA last night, Semper Fi!

trekgurl

Been thinking about this for a while and finally got my idea from paper to reality(still not quite finished). Thanks to The Metal Man and Dreadnought Rod Shop.

Steel on steel...Ooorah !!

May have to call formation and play Semper Fidelis..... ;D

Ratch

Contributor
You gonna have it brass plated?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

trekgurl

it might be brass,, as definitely want it to pop... still trying to figure out the cage colors now. It would have to be anodized though cause I'm not into Brasso anymore :)

Ratch

Contributor
You don't want to polish brass? I thought Marines were into that kind of self abuse... J/k, looks good, can't wait to see it finished.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Have it powdercoated! They must have something that looks like brass! Looks good though!

gooch66

Loc.
Germantown, TN
I’ve seen some mods on this site that I have drooled over but this one is freakin badass! That EGA is fantastic! Please post pics of the finished product.

Semper Fi!

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
The Eagle, Globe and Anker are the emblems of the Marines.

That’s going to look great, nice work on that cage. Make sure to post a finish picture.:cool::cool:

OP
OP
T

trekgurl

it's a little hard to see on the cage as this design was kinda of a "torched" brown finish and I'll probably have to do a different finish to make it stand out a little. See the first pic. It's around 21-22 inches.

The EGA is the "Eagle, Globe and Anchor" the second pic. (That's the "Metal Man") and that's his version he plasma cut. The only thing lacking is the "Semper Fidelis" banner that the eagle is supposed to have in his mouth. Its the best detailed cut EGA I've been able to find. I've seen one online with the banner but I was not able to find out who made it. These designs are considered "wall art".

Every Marine knows the EGA speaks for itself no other words needed.

words from an Anonymous Canadian Citizen 1969.

"Marines are about the most peculiar breed of human beings I have ever witnessed. They treat their service as if it were some kind of cult, plastering their emblem on almost everything they own, making themselves up to look like insane fanatics with haircuts ungentlemanly short, worshipping their Commandant almost as if he were a god, and making weird animal noises like a band of savages. They will fight like rabid dogs at the drop of a hat just for the sake of a little action and are the cockiest SOB's I have ever known. Most have the foulest mouths and drink well beyond a man's normal limits. But, their high spirits and sense of brotherhood set them apart and generally speaking the United States Marines I have come in contact with are the most professional soldiers and the finest men I have had the pleasure to meet."

Ooorah!

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks great. Have you sat in the drivers seat and checked review mirror to see if it blocks your vision? It looks like you can see through it straight on, but you may not be able to see through it with it placed at an angle like it is now. If it is trail rig it won't matter....LOL...it may not matter to you anyway, but just thought I would point it out.

OP
OP
T

trekgurl

yeah,, been sitting in the seat alot doing all the test fitting. I got one of those big honking rear view mirrors that's about three times the normal rear view mirror. (its in the pic but hard to see from the camera angle). It's freaky big along with a big price tag to go along with it. I'm not sure if that's going to be the final look as I'll need to drive it ;D a while and get a better feel for it. The slant back allows you to keep the design down low, its adjustable and or no design at all.

The one big thing about EBs is you can make really make them your own,,,, its the ultimate tinker toy,,,,and good or bad its sort of a representation of our personalities. All the mods I've had done are in the spirit of a resto-mod I guess, but everything can be changed back to 1969 if one wanted.

I'm setting this bronco up as a two seater,, with my idea of a half cab / aluminum top/open back, with a slant back look (with one or two more little tricks) after this build stage gets done.

gooch66

Loc.
Germantown, TN
There are only two armed services, the Army and the Navy. The Air Force is a business and the Marine Corps is cult. We put the EGA on everything we own and we will raise the American flag any chance we get.