• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Synthetic Brake / Power Steering Fluid

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
PS Pump - Hydroboost - PS Box- Filter - Cooler - Reservoir - back to PS Pump and go around all over again

Correction:
PS Pump - Hydroboost: where it splits, a small amount powers the brake boost then returns to the reservoir and most flows to the PS Box- Filter - Cooler - Reservoir - back to PS Pump and go around all over again.
This is why the hydroboost unit has one inlet and two outlet ports.

OP
OP
74 Bronco Billy

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
Correction:
PS Pump - Hydroboost: where it splits, a small amount powers the brake boost then returns to the reservoir and most flows to the PS Box- Filter - Cooler - Reservoir - back to PS Pump and go around all over again.
This is why the hydroboost unit has one inlet and two outlet ports.

I gotta find me a diagram with the hydroboost in it. Sounds to me like you want the filter - cooler after the PS box since that is where the majority of the work load on the system (i.e. HEAT produced) will be. And since I am running a Ram assist, after the PS Box makes even more sense since the Ram Hydraulic Lines go in and out of the PS Box. Have I got this correct?

Thanks a lot for helping me with this.

Forrest:cool:

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I gotta find me a diagram with the hydroboost in it. Sounds to me like you want the filter - cooler after the PS box since that is where the majority of the work load on the system (i.e. HEAT produced) will be. And since I am running a Ram assist, after the PS Box makes even more sense since the Ram Hydraulic Lines go in and out of the PS Box. Have I got this correct?

Thanks a lot for helping me with this.

Forrest:cool:

Yes, the steering box (and ram if you have one) add the most heat.
Since the hydroboost unit itself uses only a little fluid it adds very little heat to the fluid, the fluid it uses can return to the reservoir without going through the cooler.

OP
OP
74 Bronco Billy

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
Yes, the steering box (and ram if you have one) add the most heat.
Since the hydroboost unit itself uses only a little fluid it adds very little heat to the fluid, the fluid it uses can return to the reservoir without going through the cooler.

Its the splits and returns that have me all confused. I have the dual return Extreme duty pump and I have WH reservoir, but I also bought BC's filter. I have too many options on how to run the lines back....%)