• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Super Single Exhaust - what should it cost?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Just got a quote for an aluminized Magnflow 2-in 1-out single system which exits out the back with a short turndown. Nothing fancy and attaches to Duff's long tube headers. Quote was $400. Sounds a bit high - maybe not outrageous, but a little high. What do you think? And what have others paid? Thanks.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Sounds a little high for a alluminized muffler, if they use a stainless muffler, may not be to bad.

A bit of advice make sure the tail pipe exits out to the side, or you will get fumes into the truck, been there done that, hehe

ransil

Bronco Guru
Mine cost about $350 SS magnaflow muffler, 2 x 2.5" in and 3" out.

I think the 3 " is too big for the outlet, I'm changing it to 2.5 to try and cut down on the noise.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Don, Randy: Thanks for the feedback. I am going to see if I can get him closer to $350!

Anybody else have a cost to install a single system with a Magnaflow 2-in, 1-out muffler?

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Kyle: Thanks for the input.

I called the guy back - he said the muffler cost more than he thought and then he RAISED the estimate to $450! I told him I knew of others who have had the same setup done for around $350 and he promptly suggested I "take it there"! So much for customer service!

Now to find a new muffler shop . . .

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
make him do it for the origional $400. that's not right he's raising the estimate, it's not your fault he screwed up on the prices.

really that's not that bad a price. that's about what my guy charges.

SnwMnkys

Loc.
Orem, Utah
Why dont you just buy the muffler yourself so the shops dont screw you? Just grab the part number from Magnaflow and then go to summitracing and order it from them.

Ive had 2.25 dual exhaust installed on my bronco for $200. Thats with me supplying the mufflers.

ransil

Bronco Guru
My price was from a buddy's shop, I got the mufflers at his cost which was just a little under summits, pipe was at his cost too. I did pay for some we screwed up. Total time on the job was about 5 hours. I also used SS band clamps.

Make sure you tell the shop how you expect the system to be routed, we played with a few options, I even ground down the bell housing for some clearance.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
SnwMnkys said:
Why dont you just buy the muffler yourself so the shops dont screw you? Just grab the part number from Magnaflow and then go to summitracing and order it from them.

Ive had 2.25 dual exhaust installed on my bronco for $200. Thats with me supplying the mufflers.
He quoted the muffler at $145. Summit's price for the 12148, 12158 or 12198 is $81.95 + $9.95 handling and free shipping = $91.90. Thanks, that will help.

Ransil: Can you post a pic of how yours is routed?

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
2x 2.25" in and 3" out with Flowmaster 40 series on a '69 w/5.0 and shorty headers.. We provided the 3" inlet/outlet muffler AND one of the Flowmaster 2into 1 'Y' pipes (total cost around $125 for both IIRC) and the tubing work was still around $375.

For reference, the 2.25" dual system on my '69 with nice clean pass-side routing and a cross-over connection was $400..and again that was with me providing the Flowmasters to the muffler shop...and a rolling chassis on a trailer so everything was easy to get to.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
aaronmichorn said:
LMC Truck has dual 2 1/4" bolt on kits

$169 Daul Glass packs
$219 Dual Super Turbos

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fbr/0073.html

Anyone tried these. I thought of getting one of these bolt on kits and then welding it.

How does one of those fit an EB where both pipes have to run together down the passenger side? ...unless its a 'street queen system' and the dr. side runs under the cross-member? OR am I missing something?