• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock Battery Hold Down Pic Request

tcb-1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
Gang,

In an attempt to bring the engine compartment of my '73 up to stock appearance, can someone provide a stock battery hold down bracket and hardware pic? Just picked up a stock size group 24F battery today, and the hold down bracket was shot. Found an nos bracket, but trying to figure out if the bracket fits under the angle bracket that's attached to the radiator support.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Here are some pics of my stock '73 hold down. Because I have an Optima I need to put a spacer on the nut closer to the front of the truck (pic #3)..otherwise it would bolt down flush.

Attachments

• battery 001.jpg
    battery 001.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 83
  • battery 002.jpg
    battery 002.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 77
  • battery 003.jpg
    battery 003.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 77
  • battery 004.jpg
    battery 004.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 72

House

Minutia Militia
Fireball, your thread is great, but you still forgot the core support bracket...! ;)

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Not stock but cool
attachment.php

Terkish

Here are some pics of my stock '73 hold down. Because I have an Optima I need to put a spacer on the nut closer to the front of the truck (pic #3)..otherwise it would bolt down flush.

What size is the spacer you have between the core support bracket and the battery hold down?

My PO apparently felt it wasn't necessary to have any kind of hold down. So this thread came a perfect time for me.