• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Soft/rubber brake line needed between Master Cylinder and Tee on frame?

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
I need to re-do the brake lines from the master cylinder down to the front/rear tee on the frame. Do I absolutely need a rubber line between the master cylinder and that tee? there is one in place now but I'm thinking it will make things more difficult to keep it there rather than just bending new tube and going directly to the tee.

If I DO need rubber hose in between there where can I get some that will connect to the pre-fab hard lines I buy at NAPA? I guess rubber lines would be nice in case I add a hydroboost at some point in the future.

thanks,
dan

BTW - there is an electrical plug going into the front/rear splitter on the frame - what is this for? is there a dummy light for brake pressure?

OP
OP
DanWheeler

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
to correct myself, thats not a T/Splitter down there on the frame, its just a dual connection block right?

btw - what size/type connectors are used on the 3/16ths hard lines?

thanks again,
dan

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
DanWheeler said:
I need to re-do the brake lines from the master cylinder down to the front/rear tee on the frame. Do I absolutely need a rubber line between the master cylinder and that tee? there is one in place now but I'm thinking it will make things more difficult to keep it there rather than just bending new tube and going directly to the tee.

If I DO need rubber hose in between there where can I get some that will connect to the pre-fab hard lines I buy at NAPA? I guess rubber lines would be nice in case I add a hydroboost at some point in the future.

thanks,
dan

BTW - there is an electrical plug going into the front/rear splitter on the frame - what is this for? is there a dummy light for brake pressure?

Yes you need the rubber hose. There is movement there and a hard line will crack. go to napa or parts store.

The block is brake inbalance switch.

OP
OP
DanWheeler

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
so then... this would be bad?:

brake_booster_16_mounted.jpg

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
you can use steel lines but they will need to be coiled to allow some flex or they will break. Theres a example at the bottom of this link http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/04.asp
I beleive all the lines going into the H block use 3/8 fittings but there is a different size going out for the rear brakes. You may be able to get rubber lines to put in between from NAPA try ordering the front drum brake hoses and using them to connect to the MC

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
That is fine. The coils are there to help with any slight movement. The different size nuts are so you dont mix up the front and rear.

OP
OP
DanWheeler

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
thanks guys, i've never bent hose before so i need the practice and am too cheap to buy rubber hoses anyway. i'd rather have less connections to worry about failing too.