• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SoCal Bronco folks - everyone OK?

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Couple of rough days and likely not done yet. Hoping all in the Ridgecrest / Bakersfield areas are holding up and can check in when able?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I'm sure that's never a fun thing to be in...

God speed folks

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Not too bad out here toward the coast. It was spotty out here. I didnt feel the 1st one but my daughter shook pretty good a couple miles from me. The one last night shook for a while but not to the point where things were falling over.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
In all honesty, I think I'd rather experience an earthquake during the day. Night quakes always hold so much more danger.

I was in high school during the Northridge earthquake and that one was scary. Our school was closed for over a week due to major damage. I remember most of our neighbors slept outside because they were afraid of aftershocks.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I was out in Sherman oaks for the Northridge quake. That one shook pretty good. We lost power and alot of broken stuff in the apartment. Fridge was hanging open. I took it as a sign to grab a beer and wait for the sun to come up

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
It was a wild little ride here in Pasadena, but we're 170 miles away from the epicenter, so the effect was far less here. My son who was further away didn't feel either quake. It was much more violent up there. I hope all who are close to it came through ok. Thankfully zero fatalities were reported. The frequent aftershocks have to be hard on the nerves of those who are close.

The 7.1 did feel a lot bigger here than the 6.4, but other than a cookie rack that fell off the stove shelf nothing dropped. The front door swung a little. At my wife's store they had 1 jar fall & break, & 4 boxes of Shake & Bake fell too. I figure the Shake & Bake just had to join in once the shaking started.

The experts are saying that we've had a light 20 years for quakes, & are overdue for more. It was nice while it lasted. We have grown complacent. Time to update the old quake kitsin the cars.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
I felt it all the way down in San Diego. Was at a restaurant in Pacific Beach and the floor was moving. Knew right away it was a big one.

Montoya

Not too bad out here toward the coast. It was spotty out here. I didnt feel the 1st one but my daughter shook pretty good a couple miles from me. The one last night shook for a while but not to the point where things were falling over.

Same. I had no clue on the first one but I felt the second. It lasted a while but was minor. I'm glad I wasn't working under my bronco at that time though...I just finished painting the trans tunnel when the shaking started.