• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Smittybilt Roll Cage or Replica

Mmflpa

Loc.
Philadelphia, PA
Where is the best place for me to find one, or a replica, that will fit under a soft or hard top, and is good quality? I am overwhelmed with the selection I am seeing online and unsure of where to start.

Last edited:

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I would check with Smittybuilt directly to see if they even make them any more. If not I would check with Quadratec and see if they have old stock lying in their warehouse. I added a Smitybuilt front cage kit to my roll bar 30 years ago but Smitybuilt is in love with jeeps these days and have narrowed their product line to accommodate them over all the other off road trucks. When it became time to add a family cage kit I went to extreme custom parts. They are excellent people to work with. My cage consists of a Hungus roll bar, Smitybuilt front add on cage kit and Extreme custom family cage add on all added and expanded over 30 years. Today if starting anew I would go Extreme custom or any Bronco specific vendor that has a design I like. Unfortunately these days a full family cage is extremely high dollar in a full up front cost. Necessary dollars to protect the whole family though. If your looking at all available it is a very daunting task. The first thing you need to do is decide do you want a fully welded kit, a prefit unwelded kit, a non prefit trim it yourself and weld kit and who is close to you as shipping is a significant factor. Just painting the damn thing is expensive these days especially if you decide to powdercoat it.

http://extremecustomparts.com/c-690...into-frame-kits-bronco-willys-jeep-cj-yj.html

OP
OP
Mmflpa

Mmflpa

Loc.
Philadelphia, PA
I would check with Smittybuilt directly to see if they even make them any more. If not I would check with Quadratec and see if they have old stock lying in their warehouse. I added a Smitybuilt front cage kit to my roll bar 30 years ago but Smitybuilt is in love with jeeps these days and have narrowed their product line to accommodate them over all the other off road trucks. When it became time to add a family cage kit I went to extreme custom parts. They are excellent people to work with. My cage consists of a Hungus roll bar, Smitybuilt front add on cage kit and Extreme custom family cage add on all added and expanded over 30 years. Today if starting anew I would go Extreme custom or any Bronco specific vendor that has a design I like. Unfortunately these days a full family cage is extremely high dollar in a full up front cost. Necessary dollars to protect the whole family though. If your looking at all available it is a very daunting task. The first thing you need to do is decide do you want a fully welded kit, a prefit unwelded kit, a non prefit trim it yourself and weld kit and who is close to you as shipping is a significant factor. Just painting the damn thing is expensive these days especially if you decide to powdercoat it.

http://extremecustomparts.com/c-690...into-frame-kits-bronco-willys-jeep-cj-yj.html

thank you! all of this was very helpful!

OP
OP
Mmflpa

Mmflpa

Loc.
Philadelphia, PA
Even though you're about as far away from us as it's possible to get and not get your feet wet, here's our selection of parts for that style of bar:
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/category/s?keyword=San+Felipe
Just in case other options don't pan out.

They do break down at least, so UPS is not a problem. Just takes mo money!;D

Paul

Paul,

I actually ordered this from you yesterday, as well as a soft top! Thank you!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No... Thank you!:D

Glad you found what you needed. Let us know how it works out for you.

Paul