• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Show me your removable rear seat cage set-up

SDlivin

Loc.
San Diego
Picked up a used cage and planning on getting some minor improvements done to it.

With that said, I am looking for ideas on how to do a rear bucket seat set-up that's tied but simple to remove from the cage, and how the seat harnesses would work as well.
Thanks.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I ran a bar on the floor side to side on the main or center bar. Then I ran a bar up each side from rear vertical bars tight to the wheel wells up to it.Then I secured barrel nuts into the side bars to attach the rear seat to or bolt down tool box or even a tire carrier. I made a bench seat to mount on it but could build a frame for buckets just as easy. The problem I found with rear buckets is it's hard to mount and keep the passengers head below the roll bar unless using plastic racing seats.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Not sure if I have pics anywhere handy, but I have a set of Subaru Brat seats with the hand grips mounted facing rearward that are on a frame with E-Track logisitic clips that are used in conjunction with E-Track logisitc rail like used in tractor trailers.

I can clip them in and out in a couple seconds with no tools. I cut narrow sections of the E-Track so they would fit flush down between the ribs in the bed. I also have a few like that in other places further back for securing tool boxes and other items.