• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SCAMMER using my name to sell parts

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Some guy named Clay Jazz is using my name to try to sell parts here on the classifieds.

I am posting this on here, tech, classifieds, and anywhere else on here to warn you guys!

nabes68

Loc.
Yuba city
Clay Jazz emailed me directly instead of PM here or message me on my wanted add. Just be careful he even had a picture of a cold duck. I tried to google the same picture but couldn’t find it.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Always a new scam, damn. I have tried to sell my daughters 08 Envoy twice now and have had to pull it off of market place because of all the scam crap on there. I’m with Pops68, let Jon know. Sounds like people are not on the board but trying to swindle unsuspecting people out of their hard earned $$$ using names from this site.

nabes68

Loc.
Yuba city
Correct that’s what they did. Saw I was looking for something then said they had one. They never messaged me here only email. I wonder if it’s possible to make wanted and sale pages only for members?

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
A scammer recently tried to sell my daughter a puppy (of all things). Can you believe it? All he had was a picture, nothing else. They are everywhere, worse than porch pirates. :mad:

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Correct that’s what they did. Saw I was looking for something then said they had one. They never messaged me here only email. I wonder if it’s possible to make wanted and sale pages only for members?

May I ask how he got your email address??

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I have several msgs into Jon about articles and other stuff. He's probably slammed with stuff.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Maybe this should be suggested to Jon - NEVER post your phone number or email address in public - ONLY give it thru a PM????

In HUGE BOLD FACED LETTERS AT THE TOP OF EACH PAGE?????

Though many people don't read the top of each page.....ex: parts posted for sale/wanted on Bronco only pages - that actually say "don't post parts wanted (or for sale) here......

MAYBE it will save someone from getting screwed!!!????

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
these scammers are on every forum now across the WWW. sad to think that once in a blue moon they'll get someone on this.