• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SaddleUp Soft top

Have you paid for the soft top

• I paid in Full

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I paid a deposit

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • On waiting list - No money paid

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Paid and received my top

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Wanted a top from Rick and now holding off

Votes: 99 82.5%

• Total voters

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Can someone with SaddleUp's phone number please PM me? Thanks!

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
I agree the top looks great in both form and function. I ordered both a trail cover and trail top from Rick way back when he first started producing them. At that time they were both ordered and received in a respectable time frame and I was able to communicate with Rick easily by email or phone.
I know he is a one man operation along with a regular job that I'm sure takes priority over the side job of his bronco products. I sure hope he will re surface and make good on the tops that he owes and either figure out a way to continue to producing his top in a timely manner or have someone produce them for him and get the product out on the market.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I agree the top looks great in both form and function. I ordered both a trail cover and trail top from Rick way back when he first started producing them. At that time they were both ordered and received in a respectable time frame and I was able to communicate with Rick easily by email or phone.
I know he is a one man operation along with a regular job that I'm sure takes priority over the side job of his bronco products. I sure hope he will re surface and make good on the tops that he owes and either figure out a way to continue to producing his top in a timely manner or have someone produce them for him and get the product out on the market.

Exactly what I was going to say..if I said anything at all, which was what I was more inclined to do until I saw the last post. I'm tickled with the trail covers I got from Rick. . I know first-hand what its like to get in over your head by trying to do too many 'side jobs' at the same time. Well-stated post in all respects. And I too would be embarassed were I in Rick's predicament..having been there...so I expect he will stand up and deal with this. I can't flame anyone when they have dug the same holes I have....;)

For the folks that are frustrated and out money with no product, don't take my post to mean I do not feel yer pain.

green77bronco

Loc.
SAn Antonio,TX
I ordered a trail top at in feb, and got it 6 months later. But I wasn't too worried about the time it took. I knew getting a trail top would take a few months. But when I got it one of the straps was broken which suck because I didn't want to send it back because of the wait time. But other than that I like the trail top. And if he ever gets caught up and starts to deliver his product in a timely manner I will order a trail cover from him. (unless another vender starts making them;) )

Rick

collinbrewer

Loc.
Austin
The sad thing is, his top is kick @$$. I don't mean to offend other vendors on this forum but this one's the best one I've seen IMO. I agree with a previous post about him turning out 4-6 a month. If he was, that'd be some pretty good money and I think he'd have a good little business start-up going. He needs to step it up and he could really have something going.

(If his rep isn't COMPLETELY destroyed by then, not looking good as of now)

seahawkfan

Loc.
Vacaville, Ca
I think he should try to sell his product/design to one of the big vendors (WH) and give the people that he owes money to their money back. Someone could make some serious cash with this top. Just not saddleup.

Dan76

My 2¢...
I know if I was in his situation, I would be contacting everyone personally and letting them know where productions is on THEIR top.

I agree that a year is way to long, but it would be easier to swallow if you had an update every month or so.

The think that really bothers me about the whole thing is:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90453&page=40

Post #588.

That kind of takes the benefit of doubt out of it.
Contact authorities to really put some pressure on him. Apparently, this board and calling him isn't doing it.

Good luck guys

I agree with this guy, rick obviously doesnt have his priorities straight or maybe he does?!

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
I don't have a dog in this fight, other than the fact that I hate to see a bunch of Bronco guys getting screwed out of their money.

I've seen Rick's Top, and it is every bit as nice as they say. I have seen a few areas (fabrication) that could have been done better, but still a very nice top and 10x better than anything else out there.

BUT WHO CARES if you can't get one!!!?

Seriously folks, I don't know about some of you guys but $1,000 is a lot of money for me. If somebody took that kind of money from me and I still didn't have a product after a year worth of waiting. I think I'd spend another $1,000 in travel expenses to go stand on their eye lids. I'd get my satisfaction one way or the other.

Further, if I was the guy puttin' it to all of you. I sure as heck wouldn't be throwing it in your face everytime I posted a new page on my build thread. What's really going on? I can't give you money back, but I can swap in a HP D44. WHAAAAAAAT?

Stop getting punked around.

smoked77

Loc.
Columbus, IN
I think he should try to sell his product/design to one of the big vendors (WH) and give the people that he owes money to their money back. Someone could make some serious cash with this top. Just not saddleup.

I didn't order a top, but was REALLY close....until now. I sent saddleup an email after he said he was having trouble making then efficiently stating that he ought to source the production out and vend it through WH or BCB or something like that. Then, all he would have to do is sit there and watch the $$$ roll in.

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
i'm glad i ran across this thread. i was seriously thinking on one... thank you all for pointing this out. i hope everyone gets taken care of. i'm usually finding myself in the bad situations.

backwoodsbronco

Loc.
deepinaholler,KY
I'd spend another $1,000 in travel expenses to go stand on their eye lids. I'd get my satisfaction one way or the other.
I agree with kbldawg, well said.There are reasons for missing deadlines I.E. death,injury,illness or deployment.That said if we as a group or community permitt this behavior from our vendors we are going to start seeing alot more of these types of threads.The same can be said of the vendors that we as a country allow to import goods that are unsafe.We have to protect ourselves from this.

bighorn

I talked with Rick tonight on my way home from work. He said he was working on a batch of four currently. He expected to ship two by Christmas. Mine was in the four, along with a tan one. He said he knew he was way behind and would be finishing out all of his orders without fail.

seahawkfan

Loc.
Vacaville, Ca
Did he explain why he has NO communication skills. That seems to be all it would take to keep people happy (except for actually delivering on his promises anyway).

Frankenhorse

Loc.
Smyrna,TN
I talked with Rick tonight on my way home from work. He said he was working on a batch of four currently. He expected to ship two by Christmas. Mine was in the four, along with a tan one. He said he knew he was way behind and would be finishing out all of his orders without fail.

I hope he does these guys deserve their top. Again everyone will wait and see but, it seems we have heard him say this before. It also seems like when people start to get real angry a top magically appears and we start over.

yak67

Bronco Guru
I've seen it in person and they look awesome, and would hope to get one one day....just don't have the money and now if I did, I'd be waiting till things get cleared up.

The thing that really gets me is the poll is at 62 of people who'd like one, but now probably won't unless things change....thats alot of coin at $1000+ for each top:eek:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
The thing that really gets me is the poll is at 62 of people who'd like one, but now probably won't unless things change....thats alot of coin at $1000+ for each top:eek:

It's up to 65 now. sure makes you wonder about the lost opturnity. The prospect of having 65 potential customers just walk away when you are trying to get a product to market is devastating to a start up venture. On another note it sure opens the door for someone to capitalize on what seems to be a valid marketable product.
So, Who want's to make tops?
That brings up another point: Is it uncool to copy or even come close to coping someone's design. Ripping off a venders design? Would the bronco community stand for this?

jboomer

Loc.
Havelock, NC
I'd buy one. I could care less who makes it. I wish someone would develop one that mounts like the new heep's top (with the plastic lip instead of the snaps)....although Rick's does look real good!