• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rust never sleeps{or does it}??????

TahoeBRONCO

Loc.
N.Tahoe C.A
getting ready to take that frame off<br><br>PLEASE TELL US IF YOU HAVE HAD EXCELLENT , LONG LASTING,RESULTS<br>WITH RUST PREVENTION using products like POR15 <br> CARROLESS<br> ZERO-RUST<br> etch primer w/enamel paint<br> --------------------???????<br>THANKS in advance - PLEASE !!!! WHAT WORKS after proper metal prep.<br><br> newbies you don't have to be doing a frame off for this to be valuable info<br> <br>

OP
OP
T

TahoeBRONCO

Loc.
N.Tahoe C.A
[quote author=Draper69 link=board=5;threadid=8382;start=0#59461 date=1030261535]<br>POR15 Is one of the greats, It works great when you apply it right.<br>[/quote]<br>does that mean just follow directions,im not familiar with battling rust<br>and keeping it from rearing it's ugly head later.<br>just want all the effort to be worthwhile.

MI-Bronco

Tahoe, just follow the directions on por15 and you'll be in great shape. You'll need to do some prep work like wire wheeling. Po15 also sells a cleaner and metal prep I recommend. And, as a vendor - they are great (very helpfull).<br><br>However, you won't believe me, but search for posts with PO15. This stuff will stick to anything - including skin!! I mean IT ONLY WEARS OFF!!! You will be "branded" I am sure, but don't say you weren't warned.

IPwizard

Loc.
NE Ohio
Por15 kicks ass, Works great, just follow the directions they send with the product. The more prep work you do and better the por will stick and last.<br><br>If you get it on yourself you can get it off with nail polish remover and a lot of rubbing, or a week or so it will wear off.<br><br>good luck with your project.