• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Reputable SoCal Shop?

BOSSHOSS74

Loc.
Menifee, Ca
Looking for opinions on what SoCal shop to take our bronco to. It was a family project that we finished 10 years ago, my father passed away 6 years ago and now my mother wants to drive it around to "help her with her sanity". For her to be able to drive it, we need to throw on a power disc conversion. I wish I could tackle the job, but I just don't have the time at the moment. The bronco isn't perfect, but it is clean enough that I am worried about some hack job scratching the paint and making a huge mess. Any suggestions on a good local shop that can do really clean work?

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
So Cal is pretty big area....you may want to be a little more specific on your location.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
71Stallion is a mobile mechanic on here and I believe he is in San Juan Capistrano.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I forget the name of the place but there's a shop in Escondido, not far from you, that works on classics mostly--Mustangs and such--and has worked on a few EB's for some of our So Cal Broncos guys with positive reviews. You can post your question on So Cal Broncos and it will probably turn them up.

BTW I'm just up the road from you in Menifee. Usually have cold beer on tap.

OP
OP
BOSSHOSS74

BOSSHOSS74

Loc.
Menifee, Ca
I forget the name of the place but there's a shop in Escondido, not far from you, that works on classics mostly--Mustangs and such--and has worked on a few EB's for some of our So Cal Broncos guys with positive reviews. You can post your question on So Cal Broncos and it will probably turn them up.

I am also in menifee, I say temecula because people usually don't know where menifee is

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Well that makes 3 of us in Menifee then! Mty address is actually through the Sun City post office but I'm not 100 years old so I try not to say Sun City LOL...

OP
OP
BOSSHOSS74

BOSSHOSS74

Loc.
Menifee, Ca
Well that makes 3 of us in Menifee then! Mty address is actually through the Sun City post office but I'm not 100 years old so I try not to say Sun City LOL...

Any chance you are the Gold uncut bronco?

Edit: never mind, just saw your pictures

Last edited:

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Yeah I think I've seen that one around. Never met the guy though.

Dannyboy71

I think that place is called hot rods and custom stuff

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm curious about 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers, has anyone used them? If you bought the kit I'm sure they could install it. But I have never used them

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I wouldnt let 4wp adjust my mirrors. it could just be the couple up here but everyone I know who took a truck there they f'ed it all up. there's a reason 4 the name no real smarts.

NDFess

Loc.
Glendora, Ca
I was just talking to a shop owner in Azusa. It's called Randy's off road. He seems like a really decent fellow . He says he has worked on quite a few broncos in the past. He can do anything from minor tweaks to outrageous mods.

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Bronco repair

Beach City Broncos; San Diego, Ca. 619 997-9954 for all your bronco needs