• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Removing Stock Air Filter Set Up?

72Sport

Bronco Guru
My computer skills are lacking so I can't add to the post above. After many trips to the tune-up man I decided to modify my 72 stock air cleaner by replacing the section of the stock Bronco air cleaner with most of what was the equivalent section from an 86 Olds air cleaner.. My last try was to combine a 73 stock air cleaner by replacing the the Bronco section with a stock Olds Q-Jet air cleaner. It sounds like I made a mess but it turned out great. Air fuel mix was 13-1. runs great. The welder was awesome it looks great. I also added the cold air intake next to the headlight. I noticed a slight amount of missing paint on the front of the Olds air cleaner. I may have to use a stock Ford 4v Intake and take a picture of the whole setup. I wasn't smart enough to add to my existing pictures.