• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Remove high beam indicator socket/bulb from cluster

snoddas

Is it suppose to be possible to remove the hi beam socket from backside of the cluster/gauges panel with dash in car?

I succés remove the socket just under the hi beam socket.. Also the ones for turn signal and the gauges but that was more of a walk in the park.

Thanks,
Anders

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Yes they all can be relamped with the gauge cluster in the dash. It's frustrating and difficult though.
All the work on the back of the cluster is way easier if you pull out the vent box, and work through the hole under the hood.

OP
OP
snoddas

snoddas

Yes they all can be relamped with the gauge cluster in the dash. It's frustrating and difficult though.
All the work on the back of the cluster is way easier if you pull out the vent box, and work through the hole under the hood.

Thanks for the advice will test that.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
it's not that bad once you get your orientation. Worst case scenario is to unscrew the cluster. If you go this route, note that you won't get a true read until the cluster is screwed back in / grounded. At least that was my experience.

OP
OP
snoddas

snoddas

it's not that bad once you get your orientation. Worst case scenario is to unscrew the cluster. If you go this route, note that you won't get a true read until the cluster is screwed back in / grounded. At least that was my experience.

When you have crawl into the small space you have hard times coming out of there. Lucka I havent any clutch pedal. You are right when see the sockets its ”only” get your hand in there then you lost your orientation because your hand its in the way.

Coming a bit on the way. Have some light but seems like my bulbs have some different output/watts but happy anyway.

Should they be 2 W or such?

Attachments

• 29AD63EC-D5B8-4D33-B325-EDF9D37BF58F.jpg
    29AD63EC-D5B8-4D33-B325-EDF9D37BF58F.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 36

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Yep, doing it the old way, and even for as long as I have, I still come out with the occasional turn signal socket when I really wanted the illumination socket!

I don't usually like to take the time to pull out the vent like buckaroo mentioned, but if you're going to be working for more than five minutes on the cluster, it can really save your neck.
Literally!

The cluster is literally right there as you peek through the nice hole Ford made for just this purpose I'm sure...%)

Paul

OP
OP
snoddas

snoddas

Hey Anders, They really aren't that hard to do.

Haha Ken, thats sick. Unfortunately thats long from my skills. I'm happy every time I get my hand behind the dash and feel something I am familiar with, like a bulb socket. Work and see what you doing its secondary.

/Anders

OP
OP
snoddas

snoddas

I made it! Have hi beam indicator light.

Attachments

• DA7E791B-E053-4C14-8E49-DFDB0719C72F.jpg
    DA7E791B-E053-4C14-8E49-DFDB0719C72F.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 19