• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

project " insane in the membrane " 4 link build

walls

This body and drive train

On this frame

Minus these brackets

Plus these parts

Plus a pile of tubing. More pics coming soon.

Last edited:

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Nice start... wish I hard started with a body like that on my crawler build... or a bare frame even!! Those King shocks are pretty nice- compared to the low rent route I took with FOAs!

Word of advice, make sure you articulate the suspension as you build. I am using 2.5" coil overs and had to cant the upper shock mounts in further than initially planned to clear the tops of the tires at max compression (flexed out). I am running big fat 44" TSLs, but have 10" wide wheels with 2 3/4" backspacing and all on full width one tons.

Same with the 4 link and front driveshaft clearance.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cool! Superduty axles? 8x170m? You building a crawler or something a little more multi-purpose?

OP
OP
W

walls

Going to be multi purpose truck. Axles are shortened to stock bronco length 59". Coil overs are valved so it will ride like a Cadillac When it's done. The truck sees 60% street and 40% beach use. No need for real stiff valving.

OP
OP
W

walls

Thanks for the input on the articulation, I'll keep an eye on that as I go. Yes they are 2000 f 350 Axles with 4 wheel disc brakes. Front is done, working on finishing up the rear now.

OP
OP
W

walls

Finally got to spend a few hours in the garage this past weekend. Didn't get as much done as i had hoped but its a start.
20160306_171843.jpg
[/URL]
20160306_171819.jpg
[/URL]

mavereq

Bronco Guru
I am thinking it may need a front sway bar but not until I take it for a maiden voyage and it tells me it wants one.

I'm linked. You're gonna want at least one. It's easier to fit one in the back.

OP
OP
W

walls

I'm linked. You're gonna want at least one. It's easier to fit one in the back.

Definitely more room in the back but i figured it would be better up front being heavier and thats where the action starts. Iam sure my soft valved shocks are only going to make matters worse but i guess you have to take the good with the bad sometimes.