• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

project bronco rebuild x5

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
IMG_5963.jpg

Got the right yoke finally but it's a little loose on the driveshaft so I need to sent it to sixstates to get fixed.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
Well, not much progress.
I got the rear calipers mounted but had to do some trimming to the ruff stuff brackets for the calipers to fit.
And bled the brakes.
IMG_1486.jpg

But my brakes are sticking in the front and can't figure out why..any ideas?
The rear dose it too but not bad...I can still turn the tires.

Also got my steering hooked up but my trackbar mount broke when I backed down the driveway lol

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
to each his own and all that...............

I happen to think the stance created by wide axles and skinnier than normal large tires look great and very functional.

If you had wider tires I think it would look too RC like (especially if you added a really tall whip antenna)

;D

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
Ya.. I would just be happy if they where 14.50 or 15.50

I don't want crazy wide tires.. But not crazy skinny ether.
I think skinny tires are worse cus it's not as big of a foot print. But there is plus's and negatives with everything.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
Got the seat mocked up. What ya think?
I'm thinking I'll ask my mom to make me some black seat covers so they don't get dirty so fast.
IMG_6155.jpg

IMG_8490.jpg

My head would hit the cage if I ever rolled with my old seats but now I should be good cus I'm 1.5" lower and lean back farther.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Those seats sure look Comfy. Lookin good keep the updates coming so long as the weather cooperates. ;D

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
Thanks!
Well global warming seems to be helping out with that lol no snow on the ground yet. It's nice working on the bronco but that's it.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
Well I still need to order one seat but I was reading on corbeau's site and they sell replacement covers. So now I can't deside if I should just get a matching gray seat or get a different one and a matching cover. *So let me know witch seat you think will look better in the bronco.*
A
1000000234.jpg

B
1000000233.jpg

C
1000000232.jpg

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Well, if your gonna go with the Red on the outside then X2 on the B,C,A. At least that is what I would do. %)

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Have you sat in the Baja SS seats? I thought the back was too low an I am 6' tall. The Ultras are similar but taller.

Todd