• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

>>>POSTPONED<<< MEB Snow Run, Rausch Creek >>>NOW<<< Feb 28, 2015

OP
OP
chris

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Chris -- any idea on a confirmed turnout? I'm 99% there.

We have 6-10 trucks that should be there.

I may not make it, was working on some last minute stuff and found the coolant was low in the radiator, went to fill it up and it started leaking back out the rear of the engine. Trying to figure it out now. %)

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
We have 6-10 trucks that should be there.

I may not make it, was working on some last minute stuff and found the coolant was low in the radiator, went to fill it up and it started leaking back out the rear of the engine. Trying to figure it out now. %)

Good thing you have two Broncos

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Eric,

The highways should be fine, and as for the door windows, who needs windows? Have you never seen people out snowmobiling and skiing? ;)

Seriously, with a heater running and some warm clothes you will be fine. I was in Chris's rig last year with no top and no heat and it was fine.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Drew, if Chris doesn't make it I have an open seat. I can also stop by your place and pick you up.

Rocket600R

Going to pick up the trailer now and start my journey to PA! See you tomorrow AM!

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Going to pick up the trailer now and start my journey to PA! See you tomorrow AM!

HOLD YOUR HORSES!!!!

SNOW RUN FOR TOMORROW IS CANCELLED!

I just spoke with Chris and due to the change in the weather forcast with the low early morning temps and now 100% chance of 5-8" accumulation, several of the guys have bailed or or are on the fence due to concerns trailering back in the evening.

RESCHEDULED FOR NEXT SATURDAY, FEB. 28.

Unfortunatly, we do not have contact info for some of the people other than on here, so hopefully you all get this message!

reptillikus

Loc.
Reading
I just posted over on FSB that the trip is postponed.

That's good, cuz I was on the fence, and just threw in the towel because im freezing my ass off loading up. Unfortunately I have to work next weekend, so you guys will have to tear some shit up for me!

Have fun, and stay warm!!

-kevin
(that big red 88 stepside on 42s you see from time to time)

Last edited:

Dlish

Isnt it a snow run? Let it snow let it snow!!

Well I am out for next sat. Other plans.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Isnt it a snow run? Let it snow let it snow!!

Well I am out for next sat. Other plans.

I hear ya, but it seems some of the guys are not as adventurous as we are. I am perfectly fine with traileing in it as long as it is not an ice storm, just go slow and take your time.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I remember a few years ago when we went to the West Property in the morning. Powerline and H trail were like luge tracks - all downhill ice!! Once you started down you were committed. There was no getting back up until the afternoon sun (fortunately the sun did come out!) softened the ice a bit for some traction. As I recall there was a couple of slow speed accidents and some tailgate damage!

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
I wish the extra week meant that I could somehow finish all the work outstanding on my EB to make it to this event :(

OneRaceOneWinnr

I already booked a non-refundable cabin at Twin Grove for tonight, so I'll be in the area. Is anyone still planning on going out tomorrow?

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Not sure if anyone is still going, may want to check out the Rausch Creek forum . There is a section "Trail Ride Discussion" for posting ride groups, hopefully someone close can meet up with you.