• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Portable Cell phone Alarm for truck and eventually my Bronco. Android only

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Cell phone alarm-portable.

I am looking for ideas for an Android phone to have alarms in toolboxes and inside my truck and/or Bronco. It would send me a signal if I have cell phone reception. So I could be notified if in Cell reception area.

I already have motion sensors that put off a 130° decibel Alarm that you can literally hear 400 hundred feet away.

Thx

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I use simply safe in my shop, uses a SIM card and works well, just have to have power, the demand is very minimal so an inverter is not out of the question. I don’t see any reason it wouldn’t work remote, the sensors all use batteries, we replace them every couple of years. The alarm is loud 😂

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Sounds pretty simple!! Does your shop camera send a pic to your phone?

I'll check them out. They must make alarm ones and notify your phone ones?

I have buddy's that have them at home and what a PITA. Go off when birds fly by, dog, FROG, racoon whatever. lol
I have so much wildlife cruising past my porch and stuff that I have not wanted anything outside, however, they sound perfect for what I want.- thanks!

We put a driveway alarm in across the creek and the dang deer set it off 2-8 times/day. I had to turn it off at night.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
No cameras just internal motion and door sensors.

I’ve also used ring without the door bell camera. It required WiFi which could be done with an extra cell phone or hotspot. It contacted me directly through the app with no monthly fees. It’s about to be in my house. Same deal, no camera just internal motion, doors and smoke.

Last edited: