• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Old school 15x7 slots… correct wheel lugs?

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know this might be a elementary question but I need to but wheel lugs for my 15x7 older slot mag wheels (Alcoa 857). I just what to buy the correct and good quality lugs.

What should I get?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How old of a vintage are they? Do they take tapered nuts, or straight shank nuts?
Not familiar with the Alcoa 857 myself, so I guess I’ll have to look it up.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Jeff, they should look like the picture. But you still need to get the correct ones. They vary in shoulder depth and even washer design. s-l400.jpg

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Post a picture of the wheel center. Not an elementary question at all considering how many different types of wheel lug nuts were used back in the day.

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How old of a vintage are they? Do they take tapered nuts, or straight shank nuts?
Not familiar with the Alcoa 857 myself, so I guess I’ll have to look it up.
They are straight shanked for sure. Being an older wheel I’m hoping I find the right depth and width of shanked lug.