• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OR New sliding side windows

Derelict

Contributor
Loc.
Aurora Oregon
City: Portland Oregon
Price: $ 595

NOTE: For clarification; I am NOT soliciting any payment for windows at this time. I am looking for the level of interest before making a large investment in a production run. That said, I am VERY encouraged by the response so far and will keep post active and updated.

I just received first two pair of new design sliding side windows for early Bronco roof. These are very high quality windows. New custom designed aluminum extrusion. These are similar to the original CR Laurance windows but improved. Frames are welded, not screwed together. Finish is semi gloss black. Glass is medium grey tint, DOT approved and marked accordingly. Both panels slide. Rear panel slides forward full half and IS screened. Screen also slides when rear panel is open. Front panel slides back about half of panel length due to frame being tapered. These are prototypes and I think we can improve the front panel travel though not likely to full half opening. As is they work fine for ventilation while driving, AND you can always open the rear panel. Both panels latch individually in closed position.
Windows install using original replacement rubber gasket and will work with basic style or sport style gasket with chrome insert. When installed the outside face is pretty much flush with rubber gasket. Overall frame thickness is about 1-1/4" so is near flush with inside of top
These are packaged 1 pair to a corrugated carton suitable for shipping. Retail price is $595 pair. Yes, it is a little more than I hoped but feds have imposed a 27.5% tariff on aftermarket automotive import items. Feel free to write your Congressman :)
My first production run will be for 50 pair but I really need some indication of interest before I pull the trigger on that order. If I order by end of June I will have them available to ship by September.
If you are interested in reselling these please contact me for specifics. They will come to me packaged 5 pair to a wooden crate, minimum wholesale order would be one crate (5 pair) and discounts will graduate with order quantity.
I have pictures but cannot figure out how to attach them here. I guess I am technically challenged? email me and I will be happy to send pics. Any help on posting the pics here will be appreciated as well.
Please give me an indication of interest. I already have a bunch of money invested in the prototypes ( Thats OK because I needed two pair for my Broncos ) and this will represent a fair investment on my part. I really do not need 50 pair lining my shop walls as garage art :)
I look forward to hearing from you all
window 2.jpeg
window 3.jpeg
window 4.jpeg
window 1.jpeg

Last edited:

sk1nw4lk3r

Sending you a PM. Please send me photos of what you have, if they are what I am imagining, I'll buy one of the first sets you have.

Eric

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Derelict, I would be very interested in a set myself!

I do not mean to throw shade on you, but how long have you been in the early bronco game and do you have any connections here? I don't like sending money of that volume or any volume to a Newb on the site. Again no offense but you seem to have popped out of nowhere, we have some known and unknowns that have really screwed over the community in the past with similar type deals and although I got away unscathed, I would hate to be party to another such fiasco. I hope you understand where I am coming from, so if you have any connections to others here or people from the bronco community please throw some names out.

Thanks.

Last edited:

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA

I do not mean to throw shade on you, but how long have you been in the early bronco game and do you have any connections here? I don't like sending money of that volume or any volume to a Newb on the site. Again no offense but you seem to have popped out of nowhere, we have some known and unknowns that have really screwed over the community in the past with similar type deals and although I got away unscathed, I would hate to be party to another such fiasco. I hope you understand where I am coming from, so if you have any connections to other here or people from the bronco community please throw them out.

Thanks.

Click on his username and scroll through his 461 posts over the years to see what he's contributed. I don't know the guy, but an eight year member with nearly 500 posts isn't a two day member who just signed up and made this his first post asking people to send him $600. See what he's posted over the years. That should provide some insight.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Click on his username and scroll through his 461 posts over the years to see what he's contributed. I don't know the guy, but an eight year member with nearly 500 posts isn't a two day member who just signed up and made this his first post asking people to send him $600. See what he's posted over the years. That should provide some insight.
I see on his first post made on this thread that he joined in 2021 and has made 7 messages so far.

My post was directed at Derelict not anyone else...

what am I missing here ?

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
I would be interested but yes I would like to see some pictures do the 12$ and post pic I know you can sell them there are lots of people that would like to have them me included

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I just received first two pair of new design sliding side windows for early Bronco roof. These are very high quality windows. New custom designed aluminum extrusion. These are similar to the original CR Laurance windows but improved. Frames are welded, not screwed together. Finish is semi gloss black. Glass is medium grey tint, DOT approved and marked accordingly. Both panels slide. Rear panel slides forward full half and IS screened. Screen also slides when rear panel is open. Front panel slides back about half of panel length due to frame being tapered. These are prototypes and I think we can improve the front panel travel though not likely to full half opening. As is they work fine for ventilation while driving, AND you can always open the rear panel. Both panels latch individually in closed position.
Windows install using original replacement rubber gasket and will work with basic style or sport style gasket with chrome insert. When installed the outside face is pretty much flush with rubber gasket. Overall frame thickness is about 1-1/4" so is near flush with inside of top
These are packaged 1 pair to a corrugated carton suitable for shipping. Retail price is $595 pair. Yes, it is a little more than I hoped but feds have imposed a 27.5% tariff on aftermarket automotive import items. Feel free to write your Congressman :)
My first production run will be for 50 pair but I really need some indication of interest before I pull the trigger on that order. If I order by end of June I will have them available to ship by September.
If you are interested in reselling these please contact me for specifics. They will come to me packaged 5 pair to a wooden crate, minimum wholesale order would be one crate (5 pair) and discounts will graduate with order quantity.
I have pictures but cannot figure out how to attach them here. I guess I am technically challenged? email me and I will be happy to send pics. Any help on posting the pics here will be appreciated as well.
Please give me an indication of interest. I already have a bunch of money invested in the prototypes ( Thats OK because I needed two pair for my Broncos ) and this will represent a fair investment on my part. I really do not need 50 pair lining my shop walls as garage art :)
I look forward to hearing from you all
If you want to forward pics to my email acct, I can post them for you.

OP
OP
D

Derelict

Contributor
Loc.
Aurora Oregon

I do not mean to throw shade on you, but how long have you been in the early bronco game and do you have any connections here? I don't like sending money of that volume or any volume to a Newb on the site. Again no offense but you seem to have popped out of nowhere, we have some known and unknowns that have really screwed over the community in the past with similar type deals and although I got away unscathed, I would hate to be party to another such fiasco. I hope you understand where I am coming from, so if you have any connections to others here or people from the bronco community please throw some names out.

Thanks.
Big Muddy
No insult here. After all, my name is DerelLict so I get people may be wary! I have a one man shop, Derel Lichts Hot Rod Shop, in Aurora Oregon, just south of Portland. I am 70 years old. I have been off-on monitoring this forum for years but didn't actually register til '21. My Bronco history goes back to 1973 when I bought my first 66 U15, then a 70, 71, and a rolled 72 I put a Datsun PU body on. Sadly, all long gone :( Fast forward to 2020 when I bought my second 66 which is in process now to be finished and on road by end of year. I also own a 69 that is next up. I searched for a used or NOS set of CR Laurance windows with no luck. Toms Offroad had one set left but is spoken for by an employee. I contacted CR Laurance and tried hard to convince them to re-introduce but was told "absolutely no way". As you can see by my earlier posts I have been working on this project for nearly a year. The 2 pair of prototypes look fantastic and now that I am aware of why I couldn't post pics I will get set up as contributor and get the pics posted soon. Meantime I will email pics to anyone who request them with an email address. I was planning to get one of my roofs in color (Regis Red) before installing the windows but will go ahead and get one installed for pics as well.
By the way, I was NOT soliciting for anyone to send me money at this time. As I said I have already invested a bunch of $$ in the 2 sets I have and want to get a better handle on amount of interest before I dump more money in a run of 50 sets. Ideally I would prefer to wholesale all or most of them to re-sellers rather than direct to end users but I suspect initially I will have to sell some individual pairs to get the word out and recoup some investment.
Thanks to all for the replies and interest. This is encouraging and I will keep the post active and updated.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I see you are know a contributor. Just attach files and they should upload. Or shoot me some to the email address I sent you and I can post them.
Thanks again!

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Here you go!

They look very good from what I can see.

Attachments

• screen view.jpg
    screen view.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 107
  • slider open.jpg
    slider open.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 104
  • window closed.jpg
    window closed.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 104
  • window part open.jpg
    window part open.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 107

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
Is the window tint a common color a glass shop can replicate in safety glass for the lift gate and door windows? I'm not a fan of the film type of window tint.

OP
OP
D

Derelict

Contributor
Loc.
Aurora Oregon
It should closely match what is already available from Toms and other vendors. It is just called medium grey