• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Shoes

NJBronk

Contributor
So much better!

I debated and debated with myself on 33 x 12.5 vs 32 x 11.5. I went with the smaller tires to avoid any possible rubbing and I think the proportions are pretty good.

15 inch American Racing Baja wheels. I’m so glad the chrome 17’s are gone!

C90480B3-151A-485F-934E-B18193C3D3B8.jpeg

0A1051AF-2443-49FD-B724-E4B203FA5EFB.jpeg

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER! Your tire size choice was spot on you got plenty of room if you go offroad.

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
I scrolled down to the first pic and thought oh no that's not good but then scrolled down and was relived they do look good so what lift if any ?

muskrat

Bronco Guru
I scrolled down to the first pic and thought oh no that's not good but then scrolled down and was relived they do look good so what lift if any ?

LOL, I did the same thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

NJBronk

Contributor
Haha. Yeah, I couldn’t get rid of those chrome wheels fast enough.

Seller said 3 inch lift was removed in favor of stock height suspension. Fenders are cut pretty aggressively so that might be true but one front spring has spacers in it as well, so not really sure what the deal is, but the rear springs do look original.

Ground to the bottom of the pinch weld under the rockers is 18”, with the 32 inch tires. Not sure how that compares to stock.

I may spring for a new stock height or mild lift suspension some day, but I like the stance and it rides ok.

billh1289

Contributor
Loc.
Jackson, NJ
Haha. Yeah, I couldn’t get rid of those chrome wheels fast enough.

Seller said 3 inch lift was removed in favor of stock height suspension. Fenders are cut pretty aggressively so that might be true but one front spring has spacers in it as well, so not really sure what the deal is, but the rear springs do look original.

Ground to the bottom of the pinch weld under the rockers is 18”, with the 32 inch tires. Not sure how that compares to stock.

I may spring for a new stock height or mild lift suspension some day, but I like the stance and it rides ok.
You can measure between the bottom of the frame rails to the top of the axle tubes.
Stock height is roughly 7" in the front and 6" in the back (approx.) Anything more than that, subtract it out and you have your lift.

OP
OP
N

NJBronk

Contributor
You can measure between the bottom of the frame rails to the top of the axle tubes.
Stock height is roughly 7" in the front and 6" in the back (approx.) Anything more than that, subtract it out and you have your lift.
Interesting, looks like 8” in the front and 7” in the back…. I’ve never heard of a 1 inch suspension lift? I’m sure the spacers in front may be contributing but not sure about the rear?