• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Event @MEB Roundup-Obstacle Course

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
What does it take to sponsor an event? Regardless it is cool Nick, I like the blindfolded driving. The husband wife teams are revealing to say the least.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What does it take to sponsor an event? Regardless it is cool Nick, I like the blindfolded driving. The husband wife teams are revealing to say the least.

The sponsor provides a prize (prizes for multiple classes) for the winning team and covers the cost of the trophy (trophies for challenges with multiple classes). Typically MEB provides the trophy, but Nick offered to create a unique trophy for the winning team, and knowing the quality and creativity of Nick's work, we said "heck yeah". I know it will be fantastic.

This year's sponsors for the challenges and show-n-shine are:

Show-N-Shine - Tom's Bronco Parts
Rock Challenge - Duff's
Tech Challenge - Auto Krafters
Obstacle Course - Nick's Trix

So, sign up for all of these when you check in at registration for a chance to win nice prizes and sweet trophies.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey cream, I was just playing with kb!!! I haven't put my front driveshaft in since I rebuilt the 74'!!! ;D;D;D It's all pretty and rebuilt and laying in the floor in the basement, just have no need!!!!:cool::cool:

OP
OP
kb6677

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, and yes - The 4wl w/o hubs locked is what I had in mind. Anything to get Ben and sweetpea in the show... :) He has not let the cat out of the bag on who will be driving and who will be "throwing".........

OP
OP
kb6677

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is the tentative obsticle course layout. *'s are the cones you go around. The X's are targets for the nav. to throw balls in. The driver can either stop or continue at a slow pace around the targets.

Start/Finish
* * x

X * *X

Back up into these "turn around cones" with any part of the rig. Judge will tell you to "stop and go"-that way everyone has the same "path"

The X's are buckets the navigators will have to "throw balls into" for bonus points. Notice the last one at the start/finish is "smaller"-will be more of a challenge for the nav. :)

OP
OP
kb6677

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is the tentative obsticle course layout. *'s are the cones you go around. The X's are targets for the nav. to throw balls in. The driver can either stop or continue at a slow pace around the targets.

Start/Finish
* * x

X * *X

Back up into these "turn around cones" with any part of the rig. Judge will tell you to "stop and go"-that way everyone has the same "path"

The X's are buckets the navigators will have to "throw balls into" for bonus points. Notice the last one at the start/finish is "smaller"-will be more of a challenge for the nav. :)

After the three *'s to start with the next * will be a wide swing out, coming and going. This did not show correctly in the first post.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Now kb, I had a lot of coaches that used X's and O's, but I ain't never been involved with any "*'s"!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

I'm gonna have to retrain my co-driver/girlfriend or I may have to let her drive!!!!%)%)%)

Only problem there is, she moans alot when blindfolded!!!!;D;D;D

OP
OP
kb6677

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Crappy Pic. is worth a few words

As you can see from the eb-start/finish through the same cones. Bucket will be on the pass. side on the return line for the nav. to throw at. The big green trash cans will be there and should be an easy shot. Course is not to scale and there will be more room in-between the single cones you "S" around. If you go out to the right on the way out you must come back swinging to the left-rig will go between the cone and trash can. You can pull as far out as you wish to back up in the "back up cones"
Hope the is a little more clear than NGA's "X's and O's"
:)
Sorry for the crappy pics

Attachments

• IMG_0861.JPG
    IMG_0861.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0865.JPG
    IMG_0865.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 10