• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Outer Banks Trip Cancelled - Duff's Windrock Event Info

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
The MEB event OBXBO scheduled for Sept 5-6 has been cancelled. Most of the people who initially responded as going have decided not to go - mostly to save gas money so they could attend the MEB Fawl Crawl in October!

Would there be more interest in this event if it were held before kids were back in school? Let us know and maybe we'll try a different date next year.

Also this conflicted with Suzy's event - so if you were planning on OBX that weekend you might want to consider the Duff's event at Windrock.

As a possible alternative event we are thinking of a rafting trip to WV. If anyone is interested, please post a reply.

Gary Gibson

MEB Events Director

Last edited:

Bradsp8

MEB at OBX

I just got my EB back in January. I didn't even know there was an event planned but I'd definitely be interested in an OBX event next year. Tell me more about it. Where do you usually meet? Where does everyone usually stay? Can a stock uncut '75 run through the sand down there without getting stuck? What's the latest news regarding the restrictions recently put in place concerning driving on the beach down around Oregon Inlet?

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Well that's a bumper! Taking the kids out of school for a day the first week is an issue. But the reduced volume of people after school starts is also a plus. Only about a hundred miles for me though, so not too bad.

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
Well, Gary should have some "Duff Scoop" later since he and Kyle stopped by here this AM on their way thru town. He will probably have some spy photos to post as well.... :-X I did give him permission as long as they weren't too close up... ;)

The info for our event is Windrock ORV or Coal Creek whatever you want to call it in Oliver Springs, TN (up the hill from Oak Ridge). We are basing all the events out of the brand new (May 18th) http://windrockcampground.com/ campground up the hill/road from the Windrock Parking lots. We are planning on wheeling Friday and Saturday (Sunday is still open at this point) Registration is only $25 and includes a t-shirt, a meal ticket for Saturday night BBQ and 5 raffle tickets. Additional shirts are $10 and meals $5. Land use permits for WR wheeling are $17/person/day paid at the parking lot or campground.

For those of you who don't know about WR/Coal Creek here are some links:
http://www.coalcreekohv.com/trailinfo.htm

There are over 160 miles of trails at Windrock. We will have trails for beginner (scenic ride to check out the huge windmills) to moderate to extreme (Rattlerock, one of the most badass 200 yds in the country) We have been prerunning like crazy to make sure we know what we'll find!

Drop us a line or give us a call if you have any questions. We would love it if you would do preregistration as we're trying to figure out how many runs we need for each level and how much food to prep!!

Hope to see you!!!

Attachments

• DSC08023.jpg
    DSC08023.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC08096.jpg
    DSC08096.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC08137.jpg
    DSC08137.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC07486.jpg
    DSC07486.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 35

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, Gary should have some "Duff Scoop" later since he and Kyle stopped by here this AM on their way thru town. He will probably have some spy photos to post as well.... :-X I did give him permission as long as they weren't too close up... ;)

The info for our event is Windrock ORV or Coal Creek whatever you want to call it in Oliver Springs, TN (up the hill from Oak Ridge). We are basing all the events out of the brand new (May 18th) http://windrockcampground.com/ campground up the hill/road from the Windrock Parking lots. We are planning on wheeling Friday and Saturday (Sunday is still open at this point) Registration is only $25 and includes a t-shirt, a meal ticket for Saturday night BBQ and 5 raffle tickets. Additional shirts are $10 and meals $5. Land use permits for WR wheeling are $17/person/day paid at the parking lot or campground.

For those of you who don't know about WR/Coal Creek here are some links:
http://www.coalcreekohv.com/trailinfo.htm

There are over 160 miles of trails at Windrock. We will have trails for beginner (scenic ride to check out the huge windmills) to moderate to extreme (Rattlerock, one of the most badass 200 yds in the country) We have been prerunning like crazy to make sure we know what we'll find!

Drop us a line or give us a call if you have any questions. We would love it if you would do preregistration as we're trying to figure out how many runs we need for each level and how much food to prep!!

Hope to see you!!!

Would you allow a Ranger truggy to attend if it shows up with a '78 Full size on the trailer with it? :)

Bronco Biff

Contributor
500+ plus miles......Hmmmm....could tow up to Charlottesvville and coast downhill.....Looks like a lot of fun!! Thanks for posting up the info....... Is there a thread or link for preregistration?

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
Karl-

You know since we DO sell Ranger parts too, I certainly won't give you any grief!

We're working on getting the online registration form up right now. I'll start a new thread when we get it up. For right now, we've just been doing call in's and putting down the pertinent info; t-shirt sizes, meals and type of vehicle and trail requests.

Suzy

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Karl-

You know since we DO sell Ranger parts too, I certainly won't give you any grief!

We're working on getting the online registration form up right now. I'll start a new thread when we get it up. For right now, we've just been doing call in's and putting down the pertinent info; t-shirt sizes, meals and type of vehicle and trail requests.

Suzy

Thanks, sounds like fun. Tom rode with me a bit the weekend we ran Rattlerock in the rain-I think he liked it. I was over in Bryson City sunday and paid a visit to the top of the hill shop-looking good :)