• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New build overheating

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I've read the entire OP thread here at least 3 times. Trying to help this lady out. That's why I summarized waaay back around post #44 ???? ruling out stuff that wouldn't matter and stuff that does and nothing has changed since.

I also recommended waaaay back then that the fit btw the fan and rad was allowing inefficient air flow and did the math to help her understand that the fan was only pulling air thru appr. 60% of the radiator and recommended that if a shroud that fit the Derale wouldn't cool her setup that the mechanical fan was the way to go.
Hence my recommendation on the 7 blade. I can easily tell the difference btw 6 & 7 blade fans when running as they pull a ton more air.

Anyway, hopefully she will up and running and staying cool soon.

OP
OP
J

jstek

Contributor
I’ve got a question that I don’t think was touched on yet. If it has been, sorry for short-term memory loss!
But when you were idling and the heat came up, was the hood still up, or was it down?
Hood down.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Definitely give that a try.
I’m not sure at the moment exactly what it will tell us, but it’s another data point and point of interest.

OP
OP
J

jstek

Contributor
*UPDATE* I went ahead and bought the WH mechanical fan and shroud and had it installed today. Took her on the exact same test drive that she has repeatedly overheated on. She stayed a cool 180-185!!!!!! 🙌 Anyone want to buy an electric fan? :ROFLMAO: I cannot thank you all enough for steering me in the right direction. I'm sure there are many other small tweaks that will need to happen, but for now Dolores (that's what I'm calling her) and I are riding cool.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
*UPDATE* I went ahead and bought the WH mechanical fan and shroud and had it installed today. Took her on the exact same test drive that she has repeatedly overheated on. She stayed a cool 180-185!!!!!! 🙌 Anyone want to buy an electric fan? :ROFLMAO: I cannot thank you all enough for steering me in the right direction. I'm sure there are many other small tweaks that will need to happen, but for now Dolores (that's what I'm calling her) and I are riding cool.
Great news! I see this repeated over and over and over again....but after all these years I still get scoffed at for insisting on the properly fitted mechanical solution.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Congrats! That is awesome news!!!

Delores should be happy now.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
That is great news!

Some many of us helping you and "Dolores" out! :)