• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

need some help on possible purchase

icemanup

Loc.
Ripley WV
hey all need some help on a possible purchase. Found this ad in alocal paper "75 ford bronc sport, primer grey, black rebuilt 302 bored 30 64k on motor NP 435 4sp tranny Dana 20 transfer case w new rear shaft, Dana 44 front w/disc and heavy dutyF150 axle shafts 9"rear end w/track lock.. runs good needs radiator repaired and new drag link, body little rough. $1900 " I plan on looking at this tomorrow 10/20/05. This would be my first EB. have always wanted one and want to make sure its a good deal, my questions are is the NP435 trans (said adapter kit was ordered fr toms bronco) a good thing or not, are the F150 axles a good thing or not. I know the body will probably need work. Any advise or words of expertise would be appreciated.

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
The NP 435 is a good trany I had one in my last one. The one thing I would say is check for rust the price seems a bit low, so it could be a rust bucket.

daddyo

Loc.
Southern California
icemanup said:
hey all need some help on a possible purchase. Found this ad in alocal paper "75 ford bronc sport, primer grey, black rebuilt 302 bored 30 64k on motor NP 435 4sp tranny Dana 20 transfer case w new rear shaft, Dana 44 front w/disc and heavy dutyF150 axle shafts 9"rear end w/track lock.. runs good needs radiator repaired and new drag link, body little rough. $1900 " I plan on looking at this tomorrow 10/20/05. This would be my first EB. have always wanted one and want to make sure its a good deal, my questions are is the NP435 trans (said adapter kit was ordered fr toms bronco) a good thing or not, are the F150 axles a good thing or not. I know the body will probably need work. Any advise or words of expertise would be appreciated.

The mechanical stuff sounds good. Sounds like a great base for a nice
wheeler. Heck, buy it and then throw on a new fiberglass tub. You'd have
a super clean rig for only about $5500.

Andrew

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
icemanup said:
body little rough. $1900

Probably a rust bucket.. But for the price and all the goodies it has, it's definately worth a look...

paramagic

Loc.
Olympia, WA
Sounds a lot better than what I started with, and for a much better price. Post pics if you can. You'll like the disc brakes and NP435.

broncomanbrad

Loc.
Roseau, MN
That doesn't sound bad at all. Unless everything else is rusty and crap. Definitely worth looking at and at least making a counter offer.