• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

need opinions on the value of this tub

suckerpunched

This is the tub from my 76 parts bronco. had a couple guys locaclly asking me to put a value on it. I need to explore a little deeper, the carpet on passenger side is glued in, but i believe it is a rust free california tub. I think it is in good shape, actually better than the tub I am using in my build but thats a different story. I will keep most or all of the removeable parts so it will be pretty much a bare tub. it does need a core support, i think the front fender inner panels will save. I was thinking since a glass tub new is over 4k, 1000-$1200 might not be out of line, after all i did pay good money for this rig to aquire the parts to fix mine. I could be way out of line on the value, what do you think.

Attachments

• php7pSkzJPM.jpg
    php7pSkzJPM.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 86
  • phpg5NN4APM.jpg
    phpg5NN4APM.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 78
  • phpOnjftDPM.jpg
    phpOnjftDPM.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 83
  • phpt9RotlPM.jpg
    phpt9RotlPM.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 81

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Ditto! That thing is clean. The window trim is worth some bux. Depending on condition I would pay good money for a clean and rust free tub. I'd probably lay down 2 grand for a cherry tub that I could drop onto a build out frame/drivetrain. Hell, maybe more than that now that I think about it if the paint was good and could run it as is.

Why don't you keep this tub and sell the inferior one?

taylorB

Loc.
Canton, GA
Look at those door pannels %)

Why tear down a perfect tub like that, that's no "parts rig". .....%) :-[

OP
OP
suckerpunched

suckerpunched

trying to keep the story short, the one i am building was my father in laws, he died about 15 yrs ago and his beloved bronco was wrecked about 6 or 8 yrs ago. It ended up at my house because no one else in the family had the ability to fix it. I am building it with my son (now 12) it will be his rig. So i am trying to keep enough of his old bronco so my son can say it was his grandpas, kinda dumb i guess, just the way i am. The body I am using isnt that bad, but needs all the front end replaced and some floor work. will be posting pics when that happens. The blue one is pretty nice, was missing a few parts when i got it. no transmission or T/C. other odds and ends already picked. In california a 76 is subjected to all the smog laws, anything older does not. thats why the two owners before me didnt fix it either.

OP
OP
suckerpunched

suckerpunched

Its been used to save two broncos so far and the tub will save one more. So hopefully its justified.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
trying to keep the story short, the one i am building was my father in laws, he died about 15 yrs ago and his beloved bronco was wrecked about 6 or 8 yrs ago. It ended up at my house because no one else in the family had the ability to fix it. I am building it with my son (now 12) it will be his rig. So i am trying to keep enough of his old bronco so my son can say it was his grandpas, kinda dumb i guess, just the way i am. The body I am using isnt that bad, but needs all the front end replaced and some floor work. will be posting pics when that happens. The blue one is pretty nice, was missing a few parts when i got it. no transmission or T/C. other odds and ends already picked. In california a 76 is subjected to all the smog laws, anything older does not. thats why the two owners before me didnt fix it either.

So instead of going and buying just the sheet metal you needed from any of the vendors on this site, you took one more perfectly restorable Bronco off the road and out of the hobby.

turbotim2

I would say that you should be able to get $1,200 pretty easily based on what the photos show. Does that include the hardtop? If so, probably could get $1,500.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would say that you should be able to get $1,200 pretty easily based on what the photos show. Does that include the hardtop? If so, probably could get $1,500.

I agree. I have people asking to buy this one regularly, have been offered as high as $800, what you have is no doubt better than this, which has no tailgate, damaged windshield frame, front pieces all damaged.

Attachments

• DSC00535x.jpg
    DSC00535x.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
suckerpunched

suckerpunched

So instead of going and buying just the sheet metal you needed from any of the vendors on this site, you took one more perfectly restorable Bronco off the road and out of the hobby.

yeah thats right, but I also needed a frame, a top, doors, dash, front fenders, grille, and windsheild frame. since then i figured I could save my original doors and probably the windsheild frame. Found an ad actually on this site where someone was going to cut a piece of a frame off and ship it back east to someone with a rusted out frame. I inquired about the frame before he cut it, was in driving range for me. ended out buying the whole rig. Without a parts bronco mine was not feasible to fix, so one or both of these was destined to be parted out. It you think I am wasting something, you live 2 hours from me, for 2k you can have the tub and all the bent parts that i cant fix. I have the title, you have access the missing parts. come get it.

that aside, i would like to thank the guys who gave me the info i originally asked for

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I paid $800 for a bare uncut tub that just need the footwells replaced. Compared with what I had its well worth the money. It was also only 100 miles from me so that worked in my favor. I would pay more for a truly rust free but I doubt they even exist. Anyone who can replace sheet metal wont want to pay much but anyone having to pay somone to patch in pannels a replacement tub is cheap.

brianstrange

Bronco Guru
Need pics of all of the suspect hidden areas to be sure. The glued in carpet is red flag.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
I would say $1200 or better. I paid $1000 for a tub from AZ that a local guy had paid to ship here for a project that never went anywhere. No top, doors, or fenders. But, rust free tubs are worth a little more on the East Coast.