• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need advise on choosing auto transport company

Prime Time

Hi All Im in need of finding a honest reliable shipping company to Ship an old Ford Classic , (non running ) from Oregon , Gold Beach area to San Diego , all the shipping companys i checked out either didnt respond back or had one star reviews , i dont want to take a chance with some sketchy company , even the big companys sub out the hauling so you dont really know who your dealing with , as i've noticed so far , This classic was my father inlaws and he just passed , the family wants me to have it , if I can find something ill just have to make plans flying up and Uhaul it back appreciate any help you guys might have thanks

Grinch

So I just shipped a car from Helena MT to my son, stationed with the US Coast Guard, in Cape Cod MA.

I used a place here called Mesa Moving and they used Fast Freight Trucking out of Spokane WA. fastfreighttruckinginc@yahoo.com (509) 654-9663

The carrier picked up on time and delivered a day early to Cape Cod. Nice smooth transfer.

Good luck.
Mark

nickgp

Bronco Guru
I don’t think I’d trust any open haulers with my classics. I’d have to lean toward Reliable or even Mecum since they now have there own rigs. Sure, you’re going to pay more, but is it worth the risk? Can’t tell you how many times I see vehicles on a transport with windows down, hoods or trunks popped open etc. not to mention the pile of shit above your pride and joy leaking all over it.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I just shipped a 95 Defender from South Dakota to Nashville. Open air on a 3 wedge was the quickest option. Rock chip on windshield :-(

I don’t think I’d trust any open haulers with my classics. I’d have to lean toward Reliable or even Mecum since they now have there own rigs. Sure, you’re going to pay more, but is it worth the risk? Can’t tell you how many times I see vehicles on a transport with windows down, hoods or trunks popped open etc. not to mention the pile of shit above your pride and joy leaking all over it.

No Hay

Bronco Guru

Ditto. When I retired to Tucson, Reliable was who I called first as they are popular with the Vette folks, but expensive.

All the rest...fine print in the agreements state the vehicle could be moved between carriers, drivers, etc. and even left unattended mid journey waiting for another pickup to continue on it's way. The final decision for me to Uhaul mine came when one transporter offered to buy my Bronco during my inquiry. I imagined the Bronco disappearing along the way %)

I think Reliable or similar, or haul yourself.

OP
OP
Prime Time

Prime Time

Appreciate the leads , I reached out to the haulers mentioned and so far I waiting for responses

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Think about the adventure of coming to OR and picking it up yourself...that's gotta be worth something I would think. Take a week off work and enjoy the drive home, thinking about how the next time you do that drive it'll be to the Oregon Unevent at the dunes with your newly road-worthy EB ;)

OP
OP
Prime Time

Prime Time

As much as I like the scenic drive along the coast , "I done it a hand full of times" My dream trip is going to be on my Honda VTX. Driving a Uhaul with a trailer is more like work , Thanks to nickcp and nohay I got a fast quote from Reliable with enclosed trailer for $1800 , which is pretty close to what Id be shelling out with air fare up and uhaul back and 3 nights in a motel and 4 days of uncertainty , so Reliable it is, thanks guys

lgdpt

Ive used Uship 3 times... All with great results. You can see their reviews and pick someone with good reputation as stated by people that have used them. As the bids start coming in, the quotes start dropping. I ended up going with shippers that were already in the area and needed to get back home so they were happy to make (some money) along the way.

For reference:
I paid $1,900 for a 28 foot boat from Florida to CA and it needed wide load permits in every state.
I paid $1,100 for a 30 foot trailer from Ohio to CA.
I don't remember the cost of the 3rd one.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I used AutoGo Transport to ship a Hellcat from Tennessee to AZ and a Jeep SRT from AZ to TN. No issues on an open transport. I think it was about $1,400 total.