• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mystery hose/fuel line

HigginsHorse

I've got a 71 sport that has what looks to be a fuel line running from the fuel vapor canistor (behind the driver seat) across the frame to the opposite side (passenger side) frame rail and then runs forward to just behind the front right wheel. The line ends with a hose that bends over the top of the frame rail to a bracket on the outside of the frame rail. The bracket looks like a stock item, but the bracket is not holding what ever it is that the hose would hook too. Can anyone tell me what this is? None of the diagrams I've found show anything.
Thanks,
HigginsHorse

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Yup,

There used to be a charcoal canister there. Now that hose is just flopping in the breeze like mine. One of these days I'll continue it up into a breather (one from BC's) along with my diffs, t-case & trans.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Yep it goes to the charcaol canister. Just disconnected mine and got rid of that mystery line.;D

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
HigginsHorse said:
Forgive my ignorance but what is a charcoal canister supposed to do?
HigginsHorse

Absorb fuel vapor, thus, in theory, reduce emissions from the tank...

OP
OP
H

HigginsHorse

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll take it off. The lines into my vapor canister are broken, so the charcoal canister is doing next to nothing.
HigginsHorse