• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My Baby Blu - 1968 LUBR U15 Restoration log

KeithKinPhx

After being in forums for a year or more I thought it was time to start the log of the build. Mainly been tearing apart so far.

Also doing videos on YouTube under Rising Phoenix Bronco.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw1w6n_hiN_sDafXtNWr7ow

Best description is modernizing, beautifying and rust preventing.

No engine rebuild. No suspension work (yet). No exterior paint. Added FiTech. Adding 4r70w and AC. Eventually disc brakes. All new interior including leather seats, carpet, rollbar (got to have 3pt seat belts), and Lizardskin.

Acquired My Baby Blu when I lived in Las Vegas in 1992 with 29k miles. Third owner. Second owner inherited from his uncle.

Videos have best visuals but are about 3 months behind......

Baseline data. 1968 U15. 87K miles, 289 manual 3 spd, manual steering, sport with trim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

chuckyb

Contributor
Nice looking project and the low mileage is sweet!

OP
OP
K

KeithKinPhx

Marti report

Here is the Marti report. She was a good one from the start.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 101

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Always liked that blue with patina ever since I saw this picture. I had a 70 F-150 same color and all patina. Congrats on your score!

Attachments

• IMG_9145_4212_zps68e09d56.jpg
    IMG_9145_4212_zps68e09d56.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 160

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Hi Keith,

Glad to see your project here on Classic Broncos. I’ve been following your you tube post on the project. Great job and looking forward to seeing your progress.

OP
OP
K

KeithKinPhx

Subscribed. Looks like mine was born about a month before yours.

Very cool. Did yours also have the surge tank in between the radiator and engine. I have found a few other 67 left overs on my 68 which according to the books and diagrams should not be there.

vtboy51

Very cool. Did yours also have the surge tank in between the radiator and engine. I have found a few other 67 left overs on my 68 which according to the books and diagrams should not be there.

It does have the surge tank.

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 38

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
My wife's 68 had that surge tank also. Looking forward to keeping up with your build. Going to be great!