• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Miscellaneous Parts and Pieces from Past Builds

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Everyone,

I have thoughts of getting organized soon. I have a number of parts from the 3 Broncos that we have worked on.

I have listed some of the parts for sale in the past. Most of the parts are odds and ends that wouldn't have a lot of value independently. I have a lot of fasteners, some lights....

I would like to find someone interested in everything as a lot. Just not sure there are any EB guys close enough to be interested. The one shop isn't too far away isn't interested.

I probably have a little too much hoarder in me, so it's hard to think about scrapping a bunch of this stuff... but, that's the direction I'm heading.

Any thoughts?

The next step will be to go through and document everything that might have some sale value... but, that might a while off.

Thanks

Jeff

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Jeff,

I feel your pain. After 6 restores, I have all kinds of left over parts and pieces. During Covid I made a pass through them, sorted most, and tossed very little. I need to clean house, as the chances of doing another restore seem slim considering where the entry level ($$$) for an EB has gotten to.

People that know I do Broncos, have offered me their same collections of goodies, which I will no longer take. I do watch the parts needed thread, but with shipping costs these days, you basically need to give the part away. (Which is okay if it is someone on Classic) I don't believe I have too many of those parts left that are made of "Unobtanium". They will be easy to move on. That and almost every EB part is re-popped by someone. People seem to lean to a new part, rather than put the effort into cleaning-up/restoring and old part. Or they want the old part to be in near pristine condition. New parts seem to be the easiest to part with, but generally, with the economy and shipping, folks are looking for a deal.

I have had some success at WH's swap meets which general happen in the Fall. Not close for everyone, but maybe some Vendors have similar events you could attend. Scrapping stuff, my Wife would say I have that same hording type condition, but you just have to go through each item and make that determination will someone really want this?

I wish you luck, sorry I haven't really offered up any real solutions to our dilemma.

Doug.

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Doug,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Jeff's Bronco Graveyard used to have a swap meet... I'm not sure if it is still taking place, though.

I need to get off my butt and separate the good from the not so valuable. Things are slow with work now, so it could be a good time to do it.

Take Care,

Jeff

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Post what you have in the free section before you scrap them. Also if you are organized and have most of it in good shape put your whole lot in the for sale section. I have been lucky to sell my entire parts lots to some fellow members before.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Always prefer OEM parts and pieces over repop whenever I can get them. Just some rust remover and elbow grease required. Will see what bits and pieces are currently on the “wanted list” and will reach out to you both. If you have any pics and want to post or pm them, please do.

Before and “in process” pics of current batch IMG_0805.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0890.jpeg
    IMG_0890.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Saturday October 14th for the WH swap meet this year. :) It's only 10 weeks from now.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Saturday October 14th for the WH swap meet this year. :) It's only 10 weeks from now.
Well, bummer. I'm going to be kinda, sorta up that way, but in Reno watching really, really expensive rivet formations going really fast.

My Rules for deciding what to keep and what to toss:

1) Is it irreplaceable? Can it be bought new or used easily? If No, Next. If yes, skip to #3
2) If I were paying to store this, could I have replaced it by now? If no, Next. If yes, Dump it.
3) Is it clean? If no, clean it. If yes, find a logical place for it rather than randomly stashing it in the container like you did with everything else.

Now if I could only follow them.....

GloNDark

I am going to be that guy at the Wildhorse swap meet with Crazy Low prices!! Take it all. hahaha

I'm in the same boat as most, I have hoarded my way to a fair amount of parts and honestly if you were closer I'd probably buy yours too. I would make a detailed list and post it up here for a full lot price. Someone will probably scoop it up.

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the replies. If I were closer to the West Coast I would definitely be at WH. It's long trip for me with a bunch of parts that may not sell.

If it takes me a while to get my act together, I'll consider taking them to one of the events closer to me.

I know the right way to do it is to spend more time organizing and documenting. Just need to make that time.

Jeff

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the replies. If I were closer to the West Coast I would definitely be at WH. It's long trip for me with a bunch of parts that may not sell.

If it takes me a while to get my act together, I'll consider taking them to one of the events closer to me.

I know the right way to do it is to spend more time organizing and documenting. Just need to make that time.

Jeff
Sent you a PM