• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Military Bronco Registry??

mebco09

Is there someone on here that is maintaining a registry on these?

Just curious. I own one, my Dad owns another, and I think I have found another. Wanted to verify without getting a Marti, the DSO is different than mine, but the Seller claims it's military.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If there's not a registry for them there should be!

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
Is there someone on here that is maintaining a registry on these?

Just curious. I own one, my Dad owns another, and I think I have found another. Wanted to verify without getting a Marti, the DSO is different than mine, but the Seller claims it's military.
I thought that they were all DSO 83. But DSO is tricky, because Ford used the same TLA for two very different functions. The 2 digit DSO, or “District Sales Office” relates to the geographic sales region. The 4 digit DSO, or “Domestic Special Order” relates to the specific factory deviations from RPO features. The Shelby GT 500 DSO paperwork is very comprehensive. I haven’t seen anything for the 83-xxxx government DSO paperwork. And yes, they put both codes on the warranty plate in the "DSO" field. Someone at Ford was being very clever back in the late 60's.

What is the DSO on the one you are looking at? Mine is 83-0105.

Attachments

• IMG_0792.jpeg
    IMG_0792.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited: