• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mecum Broncos Kissimmee January 2013

OP
OP
K

kiddingknot

Loc.
Orlando
For some reason, I really like the look of this 68. I wish the white wall snow/mud tires on it were still in production.

A lot of folks on this forum, myself included, would love to get some new whitewalls. Where is the entrepeneur who is going to get them back into production?

66Uncut

Contributor
Loc.
So. Cal
A lot of folks on this forum, myself included, would love to get some new whitewalls. Where is the entrepeneur who is going to get them back into production?

What type of quantities do you think would be needed for an existing manufacturer to make a limited run of white walls from an existing tire? Of course, we'd all need to agree on the tire and size, but if we could guarantee a certain number of units, do you think anyone would go for it?

rbodine

I like the quote "original owner since 2002"...so was it new in 2002? lol

KOBALTBLUE

Loc.
Daphne,Al

I have white wallls on my truck and there brand new, There black out but they are still out there.

ohpoo2

Contributor
I like the red ones! Hey Scott you going up there? I think we were going to try and go on the 19th.

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
What type of quantities do you think would be needed for an existing manufacturer to make a limited run of white walls from an existing tire? Of course, we'd all need to agree on the tire and size, but if we could guarantee a certain number of units, do you think anyone would go for it?

A number of years ago, I contacted this guy who deals in classic Grand Wagoneers (which came with whitewall off-road tires originally).
http://www.wagonmaster.com/

I suggested that if several entities like his and the members of this forum approached Coker Tire, perhaps they'd be willing to start producing them. I got back a pretty terse "Not interested...thanks" reply. He just puts whitewall passenger car tires on the vehicles he sells to make them look stock. I guess he figures that if any of his customers want a more aggressive tire, they can find their own.

ohpoo2

Contributor
Maybe at the burger king across the street from there or just give a call on the way there. not sure what time yet. hope you eye surgery works out great. D

OP
OP
K

kiddingknot

Loc.
Orlando
Maybe at the burger king across the street from there or just give a call on the way there. not sure what time yet. hope you eye surgery works out great. D

Should have known it'd be a BK LOL

OK, I'll check in with you guys closer to the event. Anyone check to see if any of the broncos are auctioned on that day? Or what else is going? I haven't been to one of these before but I assume Saturday is a primo auction day. I'm gonna leave my checkbook home to be safe, at least until I'm through with the major work on my current Bronco.