• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Fall Cruise Sept 20th 2014, Asheville, NC

chris

No more Rock Crawler
MEB Fall Cruise:
September 20, 2014, Asheville, NC

We need a head count of who is going send an email to Karl with how many are in you group
kb6677@gmail.com

This year’s Fall Cruise will be based out of Asheville, NC and is being hosted by Karl & Karen Bradley. We will drive for a little over an hour up the beautiful Blue Ridge park way to Mt. Mitchell, the highest peak in the Eastern, United States. We will stop on the way up at Craggy Garden for a brief rest stop and opportunity to take in some of the unbelievable scenic mountain views.

Lunch:
Our lunchtime destination will be Mt. Mitchell State Park. A picnic lunch will be provided by MEB.

Dinner Option:
After our return to Asheville, mid-afternoon, you will have time on your own till 6pm when the group with a guide will leave for our dinner in beautiful Lake Lure (28 miles from staging) at the Lake Lure Smokehouse. The Smokehouse will be closed for the season, but is opening to host our group, so it will be all ours at this time. They are well known for their BBQ and hospitality.
Dinners served with your choice of pork BBQ or smoked chicken, hush puppies, cole slaw, potato salad & a Soft Drink $15 each if paid in cash $17 each if paid with a credit card, prices includes gratuity & sales taxes. Add a salad bar for $3.00 or a desert (apple or peach cobblers) for $2.00.

Meeting Time and Location: 9:00 AM at the shopping center with Babies R US, Advance Auto and Mieneke (801 Fairview Rd., Asheville, NC 28803)

Where to Stay: MEB has reserved some rooms at the Ramada River Ridge in Asheville for a discounted rate of $90 per night. Tell them you are with Mid-Atlantic Early Broncos.
Website: http://www.ramadariverridge.com/ Phone: (828) 298-9141

Links to some of what we will see:
http://www.visitblueridgeparkway.com/craggygardens.php
http://www.romanticasheville.com/mtmitchell.htm

http://www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/momi/main.php

We need a head count of who is going send an email to Karl with how many are in you group
kb6677@gmail.com

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
Are non-MEB folks invited? Additional cost, or should we look at membership for the remainder of the year? My wife and I are thinking about joining in for the day. Thx!

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
for those wondering what they will see on the parkway

http://www.exploreasheville.com/blu...utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=url-shortener

All are welcome- we do ask those wanting to join us for the cruise and especially for dinner at the bbq let me know so the restaurant owners will know how much food to prepare and us for the lunch picnic on Mt. Mitchell.

Speed limit is 45 on the parkway and we will probably get behind slow pokes, so easy run on the lower geared rigs if you chose to bring one- Make SURE you are street legal and have a tag/reg. for YOUR state :)

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
back to the first page- we have 16 folks who are planning on BBQ dinner since yesterday. Should be a fun time with the cruise and dinner. Please email me so we can keep up with numbers for lunch (provided by MEB) and dinner count for the restaurant(your quarter) :)

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I'll be there for both, you know I will not miss some Carolina Q! ;D

OP
OP
chris

chris

No more Rock Crawler
I may have started this thread but I won't be able to make it. I can only hit so many events in a year. :-[

Sounds like good BBQ, very sorry to miss that.

StaffyStella

Loc.
Charlotte, NC
Trying my best to attend, sounds like a great time and beautiful ride. I am trying to talk my wife into it , along with two other Bronco buddies and their wives/gf's. Is there a deadline to let you know for sure?

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Trying my best to attend, sounds like a great time and beautiful ride. I am trying to talk my wife into it , along with two other Bronco buddies and their wives/gf's. Is there a deadline to let you know for sure?

Would really appreciate having a firm count by 9/1- have to buy the food for MEB provided lunch at Mt. Mitchell and the BBQ folks need a firm count to know how much food to fix. We would love to have you and friends join us.
Regards,
Karl

72pabronco

Hey Guys
We are coming down for the Fall Cruise then we are traveling across the state to the beach for a week. My question it what are the not to be missed things on my cross state travel. Is Dennis Carpenters worth the stop? How about some not to be missed scenic roads or Barbque spots

Phoneman

Loc.
South Carolina
if my baby girl wasn't due a few days after the run i'd be game, but gotta stay close to the house just in case. If not, I might be living in my bronco.

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bumping this back to page 1. We would like to have an accurate count by NEXT week. We(the club) will need to do some shopping for picnic lunch and the BBQ folks will need to have an accurate count so they will have enough food as well.
I have had some emails on the time frame so here goes: We will meet in the parking lot (Advance Auto Parts and Babies R Us-see earlier post on street name and #) at 830 am. We will leave at 9am SHARP. I realize crap can happen, if you know you will be late, call and I will give you directions. You can catch up to us or meet us in the parking lot at Mt. Mitchell-easy to follow and we will not be hard to find :)
We will have a "support truck" following us with coolers of food, more tools and some misc. parts/bolts/ fuel etc. Looking fwd to a good time.
Thanks,
Karl Bradley
828 273 47 69

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We are still trying but it might not be in a bronco...hate the DC/Baltimore area drive through.

You are welcome to join us- nice place for a weekend get-away- I will have a friend and his son riding with me whose eb is in the body shop right now :)

clarrance

Bronco Guru
The Ramada is telling me the block of rooms at the discounted rate is full. They have other rooms available, but at full price. Is there anyway the original requester can call the hotel and add a couple more rooms for the discounted rate? Thanks

Last edited:

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I will call the manager I spoke with back in the summer tomorrow-just got home and read this- When called just now, he had "left for the day". Should have an update by lunch break, est. tomorrow.

No idea on "another big event" going on. We usually go to Asheville in SMALL amounts, mainly a dinner out occasionally and leave asap!!! Story for some other time..................!
Thanks for the heads up.

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Since this has some interest today.....Heads up for all planning on the cruise to Mt. Mitchell.

PLEASE bring layers- long sleeves, fleece, overcoat etc. and a wind stopper shell. When we leave Asheville, it should be in the high 60's low 70's. By lunch time it could be in the 50's on Mitchell. We are driving topless(bronco, not passengers-they have a topless rally in Asheville earlier in the summer) and this will be even more important for anyone planning on running without a top.

Make sure you fill up before we leave. It is up hill 99% of the way on the parkway and no gas stations along the way. I guess you can coast down, but a bit of a challenge on vac. pwbrakes and steering :)