• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Master Picture List of Original Colors

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think this was 1970 "Carmel Bronze Poly" code "K". I'm not a 100% positive, however if someone knows for sure correct me. This Bronco was in the classifieds on here some time ago.

Attachments

• 1970%20bronco%20efi%20030.jpg
    1970%20bronco%20efi%20030.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 472
  • 1970%20bronco%20efi%20017.jpg
    1970%20bronco%20efi%20017.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 266

broncojack

Contributor
I think this was 1970 "Carmel Bronze Poly" code "K". I'm not a 100% positive, however if someone knows for sure correct me. This Bronco was in the classifieds on here some time ago.

Yes it is Carmel Bronze Poly, I saved the Marti report on it.

syndicate1

Contributor
Saw this one in a MO Mecum Auction last week and have been interested in which blue this is. Is it Marlin blue, Acapulco Blue, Bahama Blue, Astra Blue or Grabber Blue?

That is an Explorer Package Paint Scheme. I own a '74 Explorer, VIN color code "E".

If the Mecum Bronco is a '74 painted to its original color then color code "E" is Medium Blue Metallic, AKA: Brook Blue Metallic

t_wood_08

Loc.
Wenatchee, Wa
Code Z Hot Ginger Poly. Paint is really oxidized, but nothing a good buff job won't fix!

IMG_0148_zpswmndptkh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Baytree green maybe? Or lime? I would guess the baytree and yes a ford factory color in 75 I believe.

nathan.hall1

Loc.
Central Washington
Awesome thread, I wish I had seen this before I repainted, my 69 is a code H Cordova, well when I got it was primer and latex house paint rolled on there...

I saw some of the original paint under fender and wasn't impressed, but after seeing the Cordova 69 on here, I'm thinking I need to go original, I ended up picking a nice PPG blue...someday it will get another repaint

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Surprised someone didn't pop in with the answer bcm. I'm personally not 100% sure myself, but always thought it was related to "polyurethane" which was/is a family of paints. But "poly" is generically used for many plastics and such, so at the time someone may have given the name to some colors that sort of looked like a plastic coating. Or since it really means "many" I think, maybe it's just from a joining of multiple existing colors to reach a new one? Long shot too, since pretty much any color that's not a prime color is a "mix of colors" so not sure how far that theory goes.

That's a very long stretch, and I'm more inclined to think it was short for polyurethane, but I'll just bring this back to the top so some of the older painters, or older Ford guys in the group can answer.

In the meantime, what is the color for paint code "D" in '68?
I'm going to go through the thread again, but in case someone can answer that quicker, that would be great.

Thanks

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks House. That's a relief because that's what I told my customer today, based only on the '67 chart. Glad to know that at least for one color, two years running were the same!
Sounds fishy though. Seems too consistent.

Paul

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Thanks House. That's a relief because that's what I told my customer today, based only on the '67 chart. Glad to know that at least for one color, two years running were the same!
Sounds fishy though. Seems too consistent.

Paul

Well, they probably changed the shade of color instead of the name.

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
1973 Winter Green code "Q"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-27 at 9.26.34 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-01-27 at 9.26.34 PM.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 194
Last edited: