• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

lmc molded polyvinyl floor covering

maxwedge528

i have read a jillion threads and comments regarding floor coverings. my floors are already covered with some sort of rhino something or other...but in white.. i like the look of the vinyl floor covering from lmc but was wondering if anyone has experience with the fit on an early bronco. any and all comments are appreciated.. i do not wish to use carpet or add another layer or coating o rhino or linex or similar. thanks in advance..

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I installed a vinyl floor cover from Auto Custom Carpets about six years ago. The stuff is really thick and comes in a range of nice colors. It fit really good. If you ask them to they will leave the edges a little long so you can trim for an exact fit. It really should be installed on a warm day so it is more flexible. Make sure you have the flatener for the bed floor or fab something yourself so you get a nice flat finish.

OP
OP
maxwedge528

maxwedge528

i did talk to auto custom carpet and they do manufacture a vinyl mat for the bronco. is it necessary to pad the rear area to even out the ridges or does the vinyl come with those area formed into the mat?

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
i did talk to auto custom carpet and they do manufacture a vinyl mat for the bronco. is it necessary to pad the rear area to even out the ridges or does the vinyl come with those area formed into the mat?

It doesn't come with something to flatten it out. The factory carpeted cars come with a sheet of Masonite with ribs stapled to it that filled the channels in the floor. It's covered with an aluminum heat shield. It should be easy to replicate.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
My 1974 explorer with the parchment vinyl mat came with a rubber mat with built in ribs to even out the rear floor. Check with the used parts vendors.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
My 1974 explorer with the parchment vinyl mat came with a rubber mat with built in ribs to even out the rear floor. Check with the used parts vendors.

X3 my 73 Ranger has the rubber mat with built in ribs.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
It shouldn't be difficult to fab one from 1/8" plywood and wood slats. It's a good opportunity to add your thermal/sound barrier too.

OP
OP
maxwedge528

maxwedge528

thanks for the suggestions and comments. but, i am still interested in the overall fit of the ...most likely made by auto custom carpet..vinyl floors. anyone installed one in the last few years? do they fit properly? they are pricey at slightly over 400 dollars and i hate to make a bad decision.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
The final trimming will be your job. When I ordered mine they asked if I wanted them to leave more material on any edges. I would suggest longer up the firewall, and to the sides of the rear cargo area under the roll bar feet. Just remember to be sure of your measurements before you cut. You're gonna feel like you're wrastling a bear on a refrigerator with the top on but that's how I did mine.%)