• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Light Bar Wiring

Cardfan

Loc.
St Louis, MO
Mounted my light bar on the ft bumper which came with 14awg going into a relay, Also came with short length fused 14awg coming out for power, and thinner wire for the switch. Currently just have the power hooked to the battery which works, but I have my Centech harness apart trying to cleanup the wiring and this looks messy at the battery post.
Should I repurpose one of the unused wires for the bar power (white Coil, yellow horn, yellow alt, white term, tach sender) not even sure if any of those have power just guessing one is bound too. Ha. Or do I take the relay into the firewall and try to find power by the panel somewhere. Or possibly the just the starter solenoid instead of battery and call it a day?

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I ran my switch through an aux wire on my painless harness and I have a Bussman fuse block with a 100 amp fuse for my 3G alt on the apron that I connected the light bar power to. My battery only has the main + and - wire on it.