• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Let's See Some Colored Dash Pads!

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Take the back cover off one of your front seats and find a small piece of the blue vinyl hidden be hide the cover you took off and cut a small piece and take it to your local automotive paint supplier that sells the SEM products, and they should be able to match that blue vinyl to their dye in a rattle spray can. Take a Scotch-gard pad and ruff up the vinyl dash pad really good and take some rubbing alcohol and clean the dash pad really good to clean it up. Then let it dry for a little while. Take the SEM dye and spray three lite coats over your dash pad till you are happy with what it looks like. In the first picture, you will see the small piece of the vinyl that I cut off my seat setting on the newly dyed armrest that I dyed. I think it matches very nicely. I also dyed a armrest cup holder/cooler for my Bronco with this SEM dye. This is all on what I did to get mine done. Hope this helps you out with the dying process.
OK I will give it a try. Thanks.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Are those "dash covers" I see advertised any good? Not near as expensive as the real dashes. Has anyone used them?
My dash cover is an old one and it’s a hard plastic but it doesn’t crack , I hear it’s a job to change out the dash pad that’s why I haven’t done it. If i was doing a full restoration on a bronco might be easy.

SeaVee

Contributor
Thanks for all the info- keep it coming. It looks like the blue that SEM has looks close, anyone try it?