• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Let's play "Name that part"

travis77

Loc.
Pasadena MD
So I just got a free hardtop today, along with a box full of extra parts. Some are obvious, but some not so much. Most of these I don't need/want so If you want it, you probably can have it. The guy I got this stuff from said they came from a '74. Not that that means too much. Thanks in advance.

Hardtop pics to follow. Too dark right now. Going black on black:cool:.

Travis

Attachments

• DSC04715.jpg
    DSC04715.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC04714.jpg
    DSC04714.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 172

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
A, G, N, M, and D are 3 speed floor shifter parts. K and B are stock gas tank mounts. E is stock wiper motor mount. H, C, and F are stock T shift parts. J is wiper cover mount. L is lift gate hinge backing pates. can't tell what I is.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, for starters, aside from the Wiper Cover (not marked with a letter that I saw), your "E" is the stock wiper motor bracket.

H is the stock t-case shifter for a T-shift ('72 and prior) Bronco
C is the shift lever itself. The center rod is spring loaded and the t-handle pushes it down to align and lock in with the quadrant below.
F is the adjustable quadrant for the same shift lever.

M is the floor cover for a transmission floor-shift conversion.
N is the shift lever
D is the shifter mechanism itself.
G is the reinforcing bracket for the shifter, that mounts to the back of the t-case.

I'll go back and look at the other stuff again later. That's what shot up in my mind right away.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What he said.

"I" almost looks like a steering column seal. Maybe?
Can you post up a more detailed close-up of that one?

Paul

red71sport

Loc.
Knoxville, Tennessee
A, G, N, M, and D are 3 speed floor shifter parts. K and B are stock gas tank mounts. E is stock wiper motor mount. H, C, and F are stock T shift parts. J is wiper cover mount. L is lift gate hinge backing pates. can't tell what I is.

I'm not sure 13K posts make one a "guru" or not. But the way you rattled all that off certainly does!@ at least in my opinion, which isn't worth as much as I would like to think, but none-the-less to quote Darth Vader "Impressive...Most impressive".

-jim-

OP
OP
travis77

travis77

Loc.
Pasadena MD
Here's better pics. If it helps, there's a grease fitting, and the two halves rotate independently of one another. Do you think anyone would want or need this stuff? I have a c4. You guys are very imressive in your guru-ness.

Attachments

• DSC04716.jpg
    DSC04716.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC04717.jpg
    DSC04717.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 59

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's better pics. If it helps, there's a grease fitting, and the two halves rotate independently of one another. Do you think anyone would want or need this stuff? I have a c4. You guys are very imressive in your guru-ness.

Looks like a clutch release bearing out of something old. I think Farmall tractors and probably others used those.

Last edited:

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
I looks like some kind of 3 bolt flange bearing with the mounting flange broken off.

It looks like it has a small oil cup... That would be for more of an industrial application instead of automotive.

Thats what it looks like anyway.

Greg

OK... edit here... in the new pitcher it is clear it is a grease fitting not an oil cup. I agree with the throwout bearing.

What do we win?

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ

Throw out bearing? I know I've seen that before but can't quite figure it out. I don't think a throw out bearing has a grease fitting on it. I'm going out into the garage to look at the same part and try to figure out where I got it from.

Ranchtruck

That's a throwout bearing, which, if you have a c4, is exactly what you will be doing with it.

Goes between the clutch release fork and pressure plate on a manual transmission.

Bronconut

What he said... "I" is a throw-out bearing.

OP
OP
travis77

travis77

Loc.
Pasadena MD
That tunnel cover thing is brand new from duffs, hate to throw it away. And I just don't want the wiper cover. Oh, and you guys all win handies from my ex, just ask her.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
Throw out bearing? I know I've seen that before but can't quite figure it out. I don't think a throw out bearing has a grease fitting on it. I'm going out into the garage to look at the same part and try to figure out where I got it from.

don't think our bronco throw out bearings had a grease zerk, but my old 390 in my '70 F100 had a cutout in the bell housing where i could grease it. all 18 wheelers have them also.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
A=floor shift bracket
B=?
C=T-shift shifter for transfer case
D=3-speed floor shifter
E=Electric wiper motor bracket (stock, not for soft top)
F=lock plate for the T-shift transfer case shifter to lock it into gear
G=Part of the 3-speed floor shift bracket
H=handle for the T-shift transfer case shifter
I=Throw out bearing for a clutch
J=?
K=?
L=?
M=uncut 3-speed shifter tunnel cover in fiberglass
N=3-speed shift lever with offset, might say DUFF under the pipe wrap.

C,F and H go together
A,D,G,N and M go together with the floor shift, I is related but install a new one with a clutch and not a used one. I is trash

So B,J,K and L are left to be identified

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Aren't those part of the rear fuel tank retainer brackets mentioned previously?

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry, meant to say that "J" looks like a bracket to hold the wiper motor cover in place.

Paul