• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

***led headlights : Buyer beware!!***

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Avoid LOYOLight at all costs!

I purchased a set of LED headlights from a company out of China called LOYOLIGHT back in August. Found them on Alibaba and contacted them directly. The pair was about $250 shipped.

They were advertised as IP68 (almost waterproof) but took on water just sitting in the driveway; never driven. I complained and they wanted me to drain the water and let the moisture evaporate by removing the seals on the housing while leaving it on for 4 hours.

Well that little escapade ended up frying the halo in one light so I asked for a refund. 63 emails, 4 months and a PayPal dispute later, I finally got my money back.

These scumbags make low quality junk that give Chinese crap a bad name and then take piss poor customer service to a whole new level.

I would have preferred to spend a few extra bucks and purchase with a vendor on Classic; what a nightmare.

ZOSO

Contact John/badmuttstang. Im running a set of his LED headlights.

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ummm...IP68 "is" water proof. Can handle complete submersion. The rating on them maybe correct but more likely the lack of quality makes them leak.

I would think ordering anything from a site called "Alibaba" might not be a good thing.;D

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Alibaba and the seven thieves ;)

Ummm...IP68 "is" water proof. Can handle complete submersion. The rating on them maybe correct but more likely the lack of quality makes them leak.

I would think ordering anything from a site called "Alibaba" might not be a good thing.;D

Maybe, but the Alibaba site has been getting a decent reputation lately.

Might be good to let them know about this, a good reputation is slow to build but quick to lose.

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Alibaba is like the Amazon of the East and is huge. I made the mistake of using them only to find the vendor. I bypassed Alibaba and contacted the vendor directly thus nullifying any protections or recourse via Alibaba. At the time, I was hesitant to use Alibaba as I did not fully understand what it was or if I could trust it.

I used Paypal but my protection was limited in that the $50 I paid to have the headlights shipped to me initially was going to cost me $100 to ship back and Paypal doesn't cover that bit.

Bottom line...

Use a reputable vendor
Use paypal
Use a credit card to fund paypal so you have dispute recourse if paypal resolution goes south.