• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Junkyard Score! '77 T-Bird Headrests

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
I went junkyard scrounging over the weekend and found these green '77 Thunderbird bucket seat headrests. I thought it was a nice score for $17.50 total after the $5 entrance fee. I didn't take my tools in with me since I was just looking to see what I might be able to use, so I couldn't get the brackets. I'll probably go back later this week and get the brackets, and I found an '85 F150 with intermittent wipers, so I may pick that up as well.

Attachments

• 20230529_140626.jpg
    20230529_140626.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230529_140601.jpg
    20230529_140601.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 33

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Will those mount to bronco seats with the bracket? If so I am gonna need you to find another set of green ones because Id love to put headrests on my Jade Bucket seats.

OP
OP
dmoses42

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
All the reading on here says all you need is the bracket the post goes into for most broncos. I want to say '68 is when they started using headrest friendly seat backs. Unbolt it from the donor seat, take the back cover off your seat, bolt the bracket into your seat, cut a hole for the post, and install. If I can find another set, I could be persuaded to sell these. My interior is brown, or ginger or whatever, so if I use these, I'll have to recover them anyway. These are really good shape, vinyl is kinda stiff, but I'm sure if I start putting Armor All or something on them, they will become pliable again.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I went junkyard scrounging over the weekend and found these green '77 Thunderbird bucket seat headrests. I thought it was a nice score for $17.50 total after the $5 entrance fee. I didn't take my tools in with me since I was just looking to see what I might be able to use, so I couldn't get the brackets. I'll probably go back later this week and get the brackets, and I found an '85 F150 with intermittent wipers, so I may pick that up as well.

Congrats on the score